Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ad on armslist posted a dt 10 for 1200$ and was thinking to myself are there still folks out there still being taken by these amateur jokers ? Heads up yall !

·
5,113 Posts
Call his bluff... tell him to have his FFL call your FFL with the details... if it just so happened to be like a barn find, you'll thank yourself later for at least inquiring

·
Registered
115 Posts
I called his bluff once. Told me if I sent half the cash he would send me the gun. Must still be some suckers out there willing to send cash so he keeps trying. I usually mark the add as a scam so it will be pulled I recommend you do the same

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Ah yes the wild west otherwise known as arms list...

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
And another myth is people believe Postal Money Order will make Postal Inspector look into the case if the merchandise never arrived, "mail fraud".

Not the case, my friend sent $850 for a blue PPKs from Los Angeles to someone in MI from Armslist, the seller claimed he's a retired fireman dealing with a few family issues involving his daughter. Well, after 2 month of no PPKs, my friend called the Postal Inspector, NO, not classified as mail fraud, he'll not take the case.

I suggest he call the local PD and see how much they can do. Last time I got taken, I didn't get money back, but the seller was in jail after a plea bargain.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Send him the check you received from you buddy in Nigeria and ask the seller to send you the over paid $1,998,800.00 to you after the gun.

Reactions: Buckky
1 - 11 of 11 Posts