Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newer shooter here. So my top barrel will not fire after about ten shots in doubles. I have a beretta 682x trap model I put new internals in August along with new ejectors. When I close the barrel I hear a click if I open it without firing any barrel my top ejector shoots the unfired shell out. I'm not by any means a gunsmith just wondering if anyone here has had this happen or helpful tips to figure it out I'd appreciate it.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Whoever put in the new internals along with new ejectors must not have fitted them properly. Time for a trip to a competent gunsmith.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Did you replace the spring yourself? If so did any small pieces of spring fall out? Sounds like your trigger is not going all the way forward, may be a foreign object lodged in the assembly...

·
Registered
814 Posts
when you close the breach and you hear the click, it is not firing the barrel correct? It almost sounds like when you close the gun it is firing the top barrel just be fore it locks up. look for something in the mechanism. do it with spent shells. Coles in Maine can help with Berettas.
Bob S

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Sounds like the top hammer is falling off the sear. I've had that happen myself with a Beretta 687. Got a 'smith to tune the triggers and he got 'em WAY too light. Before long the top hammer wouldn't even stay on the sear, when you'd open the gun it'd cock the hammer and then when you'd close the gun the hammer would just follow it back down. A trip to a DIFFERENT gunsmith cured the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys I am going to call a few gunsmiths this weekend and see what my best choice is

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You can't just replace the ejectors and expect them to work. They have to be in time to fire at the appropriate opened barrel position. This means stoning the ejector profile. If you remove the forearm wood and install the iron to the reciever you can open the gun and watch how the system works. I've done it a couple of times when fitting new barrels.

·
Registered
101 Posts
HAD SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH MIROKU A FEW YRS BACK
TOO MUCH OIL CREATED DIRT PROBLEM ON SHOULDER
OF FIRING PIN FRIENDLY OLDISH GUNSMITH AT GRAND
CURED IT FOR ME

1 - 11 of 11 Posts