Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Beretta has made a change in the number of choke tubes they supply with their new guns? Always before or at least for a very long time, Beretta's came with 5 choke tubes. Of late I am seeing several guns listed and the pictures show only 3 tubes in the case. Is this now the standard amount?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Actually, I think my DT came with 5 Beretta chokes, but I wanted extended chokes and got 2 Brileys . Maybe depends on model? Steve

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Mine came with 5.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Tim and Dennis , which type Optima tubes do your guns have respectively? Standard Optima or the HPs like the A400s?

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Field guns and autos come with three while target model o/u's come with 5. Bobby I new eventually you would wise up and start shooting a quality gun. Take some of my tax dollars aka state pension and buy good quality aftermarket chokes. You won't even miss the money and even though I am broke someone else will make sure you get your "allowance".:1augen71:

·
Registered
647 Posts
My 692 has the Optima HP's. The A300 has mobile chokes. Of course there's also regular Optima's and Optima Plus. Not sure why Beretta has so many different choke systems. Confusing and expensive. I've had them all and can't tell that any of them shoot any better than the old mobile chokes.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Wondered the same thing Tim....having to invest in chokes of a different format than what I already have has stopped me cold when considering a purchase of a new gun...I really like the new 725 Brownings but the fact I cant use anything in Invector Plus in them that I already have tons of has put me off on them...the DS chokes fixed a non existent issue for me

·
Registered
73 Posts
CalvinMD ... My gun came with four Optima extended chokes. I bought Briley Mobil extended chokes for AL391, but the Beretta Optima chokes (LM,M,IM, and F) seem to pattern fine in the 686 and I'm going to stay with them. This gun won't be used for skeet or 5 stand so the supplied sizes are OK. I believe Beretta warns against using HP chokes in regular Optima guns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts