Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a Briley and two angle port bolt releases in my Beretta 391 Eureka 2.
I have had numerous loading and bolt closure issues on all three.
I know that it is installed correctly.
Anyone with similar issues and maybe a resolution?
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Nick,
I would be calling those companies and having a talk. I have Angle ports in my 391's and had a Briley in a 390, all self installed, no issues ever. I'm assuming your guns are cleaned time to time.

Surfer

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Tom,
Are you saying the latter models with bent carriers slow the bolt return when using after market closers such as Briley and Angle Port? and may be a clearence problem between the two?

Nick this may be your answer

Surfer

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
NCK, I haven't had any issues with the Cary model. It has always worked as advertised but the only thing I would say if you get one use the "T" style shell catcher provided with it. It can be easily removed for doubles. I only suggested you try it if the other one doesn't seem to be working for you. I'm not familiar with the Pro Port or Briley's and therefore cannot comment on them. I was just saying it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Surfer

I have no knowledge of a bent carrier slowing the bolt, but bent carriers have corrected lots of feed issues. The older models came with bent carriers and the newer ones had straight carriers and issues. Have had serveral over the years and when the newer ones had feed problems that was my 1st step. I may be wrong but I believe the aftermarket closers are just add ons with no real purpose. But I have them on All of mine.
Hope that helps
Tom

·
Registered
187 Posts
The carrier issue causes only one specific type of malfunction. Go to http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=101242 and scroll down to the paragraph on "Replacing the carrier".

You didn't say what kind of feeding issues you are having, so I doubt anyone will be able to diagnose it.

Nor did you say whether those issues exist with the factory bolt release re-installed.

I will bet that the problem is either not with the after-market bolt closers at all, or they are not properly installed.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
i think Seamus is close to the problem. I believe the bent carrier will fix the problem. I have two more left so contact me and we can work something to get you up and running. motordoctor

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to thank everyone for responding.
I have replaced the after market bolt close with the factory closer and am still having issues with the second shell getting hung up and not allowing the bolt to close fully. Seems it is always half way closed and then hangs up.
The gun is clean and properly lubricated.
I have ordered a new bent closer from motordoctor and will look forward to installing and testing.
Thanks again for all your advice. I will post the results.
Nick

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys , as promised I am posting the results of installing one of motor doctors bent carriers in my Beretta AL 391 Eureka 2.
Problem resolved. Thanks Joseph and Seamus for all your expertise.
Now the issue is if it will function properly with the new bolt closer installed.
Next step this coming week is to reinstall the Angleport Closer and determine if it functions as well.

Thanks again to everyone who opinioned on the answer to my feeding issue.
Nick

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
It seems you got all the problems solved. Now just correct the name of your gun. -it's Urika, not eureka - though "eureka" is what you might shout having fixed your problem..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh what the heck! I have been so frustrated with this issues! Thanks your correct. I just wtan to thank all,the responders ..
What a great site we have.
Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts