Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to shorten the LOP on a A301 but need a shorter stock tube to achieve this. So i must either shorten the existing 301 stock tube or install the shorter 390 stock tube...which is what I'd like to do. Beretta says "A301 and 390 systems are incompatible" and advises against any such modification. I thought both guns had identical inner workings. I know some who have done the exchange and know a gunsmith that will shorten the existing longer tube.

What do you think/know????

milt

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Milt if you install the 390 tube you will need to find another way to attach the stock as the 303 and older series take a different washer system than the 390. The stem that has the threads on a 390 tube is a good bit smaller in diameter and will have a lot of slop in a 303 washer system. What I did was make a nut that looks like an acorn and has a round edge so it will center itself in the 303 washer. Been shooting my competition 303's this way for several years and works perfect. Another way around it is to by the sure cycle tube(expensive though 130.00 from Brownells) and get it for the 303 and they have an adapter to make the conversion work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts