Trapshooters Forum banner

Beretta ASE Gold Combo - Re-Finish Stock/Forend

1697 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  BENCHREST
Well, ..didn't like the finish on my ASE Gold,..sooo, off it went.
Classic hand rubbed oil finish ( open-pore ).
I sent the stock off to Cole's last year and they installed the B-Fast comb hardware ( I think every trap-gun should have an adj comb).
I think it turned out well...I think ;)...will probably go up for sale in the next few weeks.... too many guns and not enough women in my life ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice finish. Rather than an adjustable comb, much prefer a stock built with the right dimensions. Prefer a slice of cherry pie to a slice through the comb of a fine stock. LOL
LOL,..well,...Stock made to measure is out of my league unfortunately,...buy one can dream ;)
We change dimensionally from season to season and as we get older, adj comb is a great option IMHO

· Registered
16 Posts
Ditch the truoil & linseed. Try the real stuff as in Tung oil. Google real milk paint company. They sell 100% pure. Start out at 4 parts mineral spirits to 1 part tung oil then 3-1 finish with 2-1. Reacts with O2 to form a hard protective coating that is completely waterproof. Using your fill the grain technique you can make it look like you could reach your hand in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.