Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, anyone know anything about the old beretta AL2? I saw one in a local shop, trap grade, 30" fixed full, monte carlo stock. Seems to be in fair shape, shows some wear like like dings and scratches, probably about 80-85%. I can get it for $300. I'm very familiar with 390 and 391's but don't know much about the AL2. I guess it was made before the 303?

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Almost everything on an AL2 is identical to a 303. The trigger groups won't interchange but the parts inside will. An AL2 is an awesome gun and will last most a lifetime of hard shooting. 300.00 is a very low price if it is all original even with some useage wear. If you don't want it get me a contact number.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks for the info, I think I'll probably buy it, would make a good back up or maybe a loaner for a new shooter. Do you know if 303 or 390 bbl's will fit? would like to have choke tubes and hate to thread original bbl.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
The AL1-AL2-301-302-303 and Browning B-80 barrels will all interchange. But most will have the narrow field style ribs until you get up to the 303 series. It would be easier and less expensive to have the original barrel opened up to whatever consrtiction you shoot. I would imagine it is very very tight if it is a factory choked barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.