Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my wife one of these in the reduced LOP version with 30 inch barrels. I wanted to see if there were any issuses etc or opinions of it. Looks to be a solid gun.

Thanks

Joey

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bought a 30 inch sporting version for my son and it has functioned very well. Minimal recoil, it has the kick off. I would recommend replacing the bolt release button with the Briley version. It is easy to do (video on Youtube). It just makes it easier on the fingers during a long day of shooting especially when wearing gloves. We have not had issues with cycling any 1 1/8, or 1 oz loads but once had an issue with light 7/8 loads during sporting clays, but to be fair those loads did not cycle for anyone that day (benelli vinci, and Rem 1100). Overall I would recommend one.

Ken

·
Registered
495 Posts
I purchased a 28in version without the kick off. Added a 10oz stock weight and added the Beretta front weight (I have all 3 and like the middle weight).Also lightened the trigger. I really like this gun for sporting. Made the stock shims at highest setting. This gun is the best fitting semi that I have owned. Take the weights out and its my new hunting gun. Mike

·
Sky Buster
4,032 Posts
I have owned both the sporting and trap versions. Both
functioned well. The Kick-Off is junk. All plastic with
no adjustments. It might work well with heavy field loads
but not with target loads.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the parallel target RL version available without the Kickoff system? I have only seen it with it.

Joey

·
Registered
469 Posts
I thought the kickoff worked quite well. everyone who shot it at our local club said the same thing. I only wish I could get the LOP down to about 14", Lee

·
Registered
907 Posts
I bought an xcel 400 for my wife and it was too bulky for her. It is heavy with large grips and foreend in my opinion. We sold it after one try at sporting clays. The xplor is lighter and thinner and might be a good consideration for you. There are four of these guns in the group that I shoot with and each of the owners are very pleased with their guns. JPM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts