Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Multi Target for Sporting Clays and Trap. A friend of mine has one so I went to look at it and when I shouldered the gun the fit seemed a bit off like I couldn’t look down the center of the rib without rolling my cheek over unnaturally. I looked down the comb and through the rib to the muzzle and found the stock was cast on or for a left hand shooter. I have heard the Multi Target does not have the stock shim system other A400’s have. Is this true?

Thank You

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've had mine about four years. It dose have the shim and plate in the stock, but the shim is of uniform thickness, providing no cast or drop that could be changed by re-orienting the shim. I also have the sporting model that came with two shims and two plates, but this gun, the MultiTarget, only has the non-tapered shim installed on the gun, with no additional shim or stock plate provided. With the adjustable comb and rib, I think there is plenty of adjustment for point of impact., especially for trap shooting. I could never get the gun to shoot flat enough for me to use it for sporting clays and I couldn't get the sporting model to do that either, with the shims, so I had Tron make me a new shim and plate that got the gun shooting where I want.

One of the sporting courses I shoot at throws the targets out into a canyon and half of them are broken well below where you're standing and I really need a flat shooting gun to get under those targets. I bought the MultiTarget with the kick-off for long yardage handicap with the heavier 1 1/8 ounce loads. I can shoot a 100 target event now and not feel any effects from the recoil. The recoil with this gun is virtually non-existent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts