Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Beretta A 400 shotgun with kickoff, will not cycle second shot using 2 3/4 1 ounce loads, 1145-1200 fps, cycles fine with heavy loads (1 1/8 ounce 1200+ fps. Has anyone had this problem, was it corrected and if so what was the correction. Hoping someone has the correction. Thanks in advance. Gord

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can only tell you about mine. It was very picky until I ran 600 plus 1 1/8 oz 1200 fps shells through it. After that it would cycle about anything. It did not like to be shot "dry". Just my personal experience.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
The owners manual says to run a box of heavy loads right off the bat (not the wording they used).

I did that and been shooting everything without issue. Can't remember what I used but it was some heavy stuff I had laying around.

As for shooting dry. Four drops of oil is all that I use. Nothing on the barrel parts (that area is suppose to be dry.

As a shoot last month I did see someone drop a few drops of oil (A Beretta not an A400) without taking the gun apart when it seemed to be having a few hiccups.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Also, shoot it wet with Breakfree CLP.
I hear you on breakfree, but on a new gun, and a Beretta A400?

I use breakfree on all my 1100's and don't think the older ones would be reliable without, but on an A400 that should only need a few drops of oil to work?

They advertise a couple thousand rounds between cleanings.

No oil on the removable parts on the barrel, keep it dry. Will not work properly if oiled. Your just oiling the rail and the inner spring. Very light...

The gun has issues.... Contact Cole and let them have a go at it.

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Yeah...what they said! Every Beretta auto that I have owned was picky at first. I have no problems now though since I shoot 1 1/8 at everything since I discovered Bumpbuster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts