Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think its a Marketing Blunder...All it offers is a new Adjustable Rib and I am not sure what that will get you moving from Trap to Skeet to SC to 5 Stand ....I believe your POI and POA are Comb related more-so than the Rib. It does have an Adjustable Comb stock.
I feel the gun is an over-done Teknys...
As a qualifier I have owned and shot all the Beretta Semi Autos from the 1960's AL1 &2's to my current 391 Teknys Trap and 391 Urika Sporting...
For the $2600 you do get Very nice finely figured Wood, the new Kick-Off Butt pad, a Silver sided, modern engraved action and the new Adj. Rib...I think it may be Beretttttas answer to Fab Arms newest Semi Auto in same Price Range.
Just my opinion

·
Supporting Vendor
10,240 Posts
Baaaaaaaaaaadddddd trigger!! It's a shame that Beretta can't do a better job in that aspect. Otherwise, I like the gun.....but, I do agree that it does indeed look fragile.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I shot sporting clays with a person shooting one at a sporting clays shoot last week.

He had it set at 50/50. Didn't shoot it well, but not the fault of the gun.

Guess it depends on your personality if you want to mess with settings.

I have the A400 without the KO system and it fit me right out of the box and shoot it for both sporting and trap. On the board it's shooting 50/50.

If you get the KO system you can't cut the stock, nor I'm told can you install an adjustable comb.

·
Sky Buster
4,169 Posts
I shot sporting clays with a person shooting one at a sporting clays shoot last week.

He had it set at 50/50. Didn't shoot it well, but not the fault of the gun.

Guess it depends on your personality if you want to mess with settings.

I have the A400 without the KO system and it fit me right out of the box and shoot it for both sporting and trap. On the board it's shooting 50/50.

If you get the KO system you can't cut the stock, nor I'm told can you install an adjustable comb.
I love mine! Great balance and feel. Beretta did everything right on this gun. As
far as the rib being fragile, I don't get it. It's strong enough to do the job for
which it was intended. Unlike the A400 sporting, the comb hardware is steel
and aluminum. No more plastic hardware. It's also the most destinctive looking
gun on the trap field. Mine has beautiful wood with the Kick-Off. I've shoot
app. 1,500 rounds without cleaning and zero malfunctions. Beretta's YouTube
video on the A400 claims the gun will go at least 10,000 round between
cleaning's. I'm going to try for 5,000 before I clean mine. No doubt the gun
was brought out to compete with the Fab Arm's and I feel Beretta did
their homework. I don't think anyone will be disappointed if you give
the gun an honest try.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,240 Posts
Oh, and when I mentioned to a Beretta rep about people's complaints in regards to the lousy trigger, his exact words were "triggers don't matter on shotguns".

I told him that he could use that line on the waterfowl crowd, but don't you dare say that around Trap shooter!

·
Sky Buster
4,169 Posts
Oh, and when I mentioned to a Beretta rep about people's complaints in regards to the lousy trigger, his exact words were "triggers don't matter on shotguns".

I told him that he could use that line on the waterfowl crowd, but don't you dare say that around Trap shooter!
Trigger "feel" is very subjective. As far as the polymer trigger housing is
concerned, it is a non-stressed part. It will probably last for century's.
Consider all the polymer framed pistol's. Glock's, S&W, Sig, H&K. Those
are stressed parts with little to no issue's.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have one as well. I've been shooting skeet and sporting with mine. My only complaint is or not even complaint but I feel the KO movement. Just different and it's not adjustable like a gracoil would be as far as I know. Extremely reliable and nice looking for a auto loader.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know 2 people who had them for about 3 weeks. Both got rid of them for a couple of reasons. Bad triggers, and when they shot doubles trap the shell when all over, so no one wanted to shoot with them. They said if they just shot 5 stand they could live with them.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I know 2 people who had them for about 3 weeks. Both got rid of them for a couple of reasons. Bad triggers, and when they shot doubles trap the shell when all over, so no one wanted to shoot with them. They said if they just shot 5 stand they could live with them.
If your going to shoot doubles look for another gun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What is the LOP Beretta doesnt list in the info on them ?
I guess the KO is still not very easy to shorten stock with it?
If you have the KO do you like it?
Thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
From the factory the lop is 14 3/8 with I believe a .71 pad. You can purchase another factory pad which is a 1.11 which will get the lop out to about 14 3/4.
If you need to shorten the lop you can go down to the .51 pad.
A gun stock guy might be able to shorten the stock and refit the kickoff however not sure about that. I believe you would be limited there.
The kick off works fine and I have no complaints.
To me the trigger is not the best but is no worse than the 390---391--or Fab gun.
I currently own the new Beretta and have owned the Fab gun, the 390 & the 391. All of them have there good points and bad points

Johnny.

·
Sky Buster
4,169 Posts
From the factory the lop is 14 3/8 with I believe a .71 pad. You can purchase another factory pad which is a 1.11 which will get the lop out to about 14 3/4.
If you need to shorten the lop you can go down to the .51 pad.
A gun stock guy might be able to shorten the stock and refit the kickoff however not sure about that. I believe you would be limited there.
The kick off works fine and I have no complaints.
To me the trigger is not the best but is no worse than the 390---391--or Fab gun.
I currently own the new Beretta and have owned the Fab gun, the 390 & the 391. All of them have there good points and bad points

Johnny.
The LOP on mine with the Kick-off is 14.25. The kick-off seemed
a little stiff at first but after about 1,500 rounds it has softened
up a bit. It's a great gun especially the balance and the way it
point's. I don't think there's a better semi-auto trap gun on
the market.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thankyou for the replys, I'm trying to decide on KO some recoil units can give too much movement I shoot Sporting Clays so going to second target donot want excess movement. How is the KO in that reguard?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts