Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a jones for a reasonably priced 12 gauge autoloader. I was a Beretta autoloader fanboy years ago. Dick's Sporting Good's, $759 plus $75 rebate direct from Beretta! I'll test it out this week!!

Shoots like I expected. Soft shooter points well like it was fitted for me, no complaints. A nice alternative to my O/U at times. Especially when shooting excessively on certain days. At it's lighter weight, it becomes a bit more comfortable. At it's price point, nothing else was in it's running. Also, I prefer the old reliable 390 action compared to the A400 with all of it's plastic!

·
Registered
296 Posts
The A300 is a great gun no doubt. Made in America and a solid firearm. My father won one at the 2016 Grand through the Grand Gun Option. He has around 800-1000 rounds through it at the moment. Only issue is gas ring on the gas cylinder, bad part (beretta had issues with a select round of these parts lately they said) but beretta replaced it at no charge. Nice gun for upland or wetland hunting and trap. Patterned at ~75/25 with full choke at 25 yards with beads stacked for us (using new federal hdcp gold medals). Services the same as a beretta 390. Great field/trap gun for <$900. Wouldn't hesitate to buy one new.
***American made***

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from a morning of clay shooting with mine. 200 rounds and again, not one hiccup!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a A400 Xplor action with wood on it that looks like it belongs on a Kings gun. Problem is the wood goes through a process called extra wood which means Not Real!!! The other process they use is called extra grain. Beratta USA really didn't want to talk about this but they said only their semi autos use this wood process. Kinda sounds like they make a crappy piece of walnut look like a million bucks.

Crew Chief

·
Registered
610 Posts
I really like my A300 I wish I got the wood stock though. It shoots everything and the recoil is super light. A buddy got tired of shooting his 870 at sporting clays shot a round with my A300 and bought on if his own the next day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts