Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you own one ? Or have you shot one? Whadda think? Also, what is LOP on this Gun?

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
I shoot an A300 Outlander for ducks. It relegated my Gold Hunter and my Xtrema2 to safe queens in that respect. It's a fine shotgun, and probably the best value going at the present time.
While Beretta doesn't give a weight for the Sporting, the Outlander camo is a tad too light to be a great target gun without adding another pound or so to it. Beretta DOES say the Sporting is "lightweight" which means nothing without numbers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shoot an A300 Outlander for ducks. It relegated my Gold Hunter and my Xtrema2 to safe queens in that respect. It's a fine shotgun, and probably the best value going at the present time.
While Beretta doesn't give a weight for the Sporting, the Outlander camo is a tad too light to be a great target gun without adding another pound or so to it. Beretta DOES say the Sporting is "lightweight" which means nothing without numbers.
Bass Pro Website says 7.7 lbs. I would love to know it this ever goes on sale

·
Registered
106 Posts
FWIW, I have an Outlander. The sporting version couldn’t be found when this was offered by Rural King on sale last December. Over 9 cases of Gun Clubs later it works great. I’m waiting until I reach 3000 rounds to clean it. It weighs 7.5 Lbs, 14 1/5 lop, 1 1/2 drop at the nose and 2 1/2 drop at the heal. I have shot 1 oz and 7/8 oz with no problems. It’s the first plastic stocked gun I’ve owned, but I’ve grown used to it after decades of wood stocks. This is a gun that I’m not afraid to shoot in the rain or put it in a rack. I’m just surprised more shooters haven’t discovered it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Some of our High school kids are shooting them for HS leauge trap. They like them a lot, no problems at all. under a grand for the sporting it is a very good entry level, soft shooting, dependable choice.

·
Registered
634 Posts
They are very reliable guns. Although I understand why some say it’s too light for sport shooting, I believe weight doesn’t matter so much as the gun fitting you and you shooting it well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are very reliable guns. Although I understand why some say it’s too light for sport shooting, I believe weight doesn’t matter so much as the gun fitting you and you shooting it well.
I suppose a weighted end cap or weight in the stock could remedy the too light factor

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to Bass Pro and looked at the gun. The fit and feel are fine and the weight of it is good. I was not thrilled with the look of the wood .

It being a Beretta I am sure it will work well...I will move on to a gun that is a darn good looker too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts