Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son wants to buy this handgun in .40. I know pistols like I know quilting machines.

Can any of you handgun guys tell me about it? Is it a good choice?

Lightly used (by a friend who bought it new) for $200.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Beretta makes good quality handguns. I believe the 9mm version is what the US Military is using now if that helps any. Just my 2 cents--Matt

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
no that isnt true about the double action only ones- there arent that many and sometimes they go for a lot and sometimes for less

really it is hard to find any 92/96 no matter how beat up for under 400 dollars and some are much much more

regards from Iowa

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Heck for $200 you could replace some parts and have a dang nice handgun for play barring it wasn't soaked in water and rusted solid.--Matt

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Couple things we need to set the record straight:

1) 92/96G is not double action only, 92/96D is.

2) G is the "de-cock only" version of the the F/FS model. The same model used by some military and LE units. The safety spring can be replaced to make it back to F/FS function. Trigger is the same.

92F/FS is one of the finest service pistols in the history. I have/had many of them, in different versions, if I have to pick just one pistol to defend myself in combat situation, most likely I'll take a 92F/FS. It has serve me and our military well since 1984.

The few I own/owned, had never failed regardless what I feed them including some factory rejected and labeled "second, not for service use" ammo.

The most likely worn out parts is the locking block, which cost approx. $50 if you buy retail. I have not replace one yet, but I've seen some service pistols require replacements.

In any rate, $200 is a great buy for a working 92/96, regardless the condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.