Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own of these and if you do how do you like it. I shot one today and I really like how it felt. Just wondering people's opinions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mx15, I have one and I love it. Let me take that back, I have come to love it. Very rocky start to our relationship until I realized I needed to throw that factory stock in the garbage. ( I didn't actually throw it in the garbage, just the deep dark depths of the safe. )

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would be interested in comments on the Beretta 692 Trap as well. Looks like a nice gun for the dollar.

I shoot an MX-15, and like that un-single a lot!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can't speak for the trap model but the sporting model throws some very nice looking patterns. I have patterned factory chokes(ehh), comp-n-chokes(really nice), and mullers( just what I'm looking for) and it throws consistent over a wide range of shells. Except rios, it didn't care much for those.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am shooting a sporting 30" with adj comb and really like it. Just had it tubed by Briley and only shooting sub-gauges in it now (shoot 12 with an A400). Factory stock with their longer pad and comb adjusted for my sight view fits me really nice. Weight adjustment system in stock allowed me to re-balance it perfectly for tubes. Primarily use for skeet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Game warden, I am thinking about tubing mine as well. I can't decide whether to tube my twelve or get a 20guage something and tube it to 28. Which briley tubes did you get for your 692?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I tubed my 12 gauge with Briley's Ultralite Conversion 3 gauge set with trigger job. Other than putting a ding in my forend they did a good job, and tubes pattern and break birds well in all subgauges. They did fix the ding in my forend upon me complaining and sending the forend back to them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm getting close to 20,000 rounds through mine & really like it. Some folks have complained about ejector issues but mine has had no issues except with the trigger when I use very light reloads. I fixed that with lighter springs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea, my ejectors are kinda finicky too but it's nothing that really conflicts with my shooting so I don't pay it any mind really. Other than that, I had a connector go awol that lead to an interesting day at the range but I guess I was the cause of that somehow while fitting my new stock to the receiver. I really couldn't tell you how I lost one of those though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have seen the ejectors go out first hand! Beretta knows of this issue and cant seem to keep Brownells stocked with replacement parts !:12:

·
Registered
68 Posts
After hearing all these ejector issues I'm glad I sold my 692. It's one thing if the extractor mode worked but it was pretty much useless. My gun never had any issues but the issue seems fairly common

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree. I thought I was a great gun but if you do a google search on beretta 692 ejector issues you'll find a lot of conversation. Last time I looked it seemed to be a fairly common issue. Idk for sure because mine was flawless

·
Registered
265 Posts
I can tell you this person has had absolutely no issues at all with this gun. He says it fits great and he uses it for shooting trap, skeet, and sporting.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I too would shoot sporting, skeet and doubles with it. Also been looking into shooting international shooting sports too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just picked up the X Trap version this afternoon. I can't wait to start shooting it. I'll stop on the way home from work tomorrow and shoot some practice.
From what I've been reading and hearing, the ejector problem was with the earlier models and has since been addressed by Beretta. I hope so.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts