Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten in a mess now. It wasn't a few months ago that I followed some sage advise on this board and got my daughter to a gun fitter. It wasn't but a couple of weeks after that fitting where she started to perform very well at a JODC. I've been told in no uncertain terms that I need a competition O/U. She's held a bunch of shotguns but the beretta's feel best. We've eliminated the 686 & 687 and decided on a 692. Today we made a 6 hour round trip just so she could hold one. She loves it. Loves the balance the weight, everything. My problem... The grip is too far from the trigger, even with it set all of the way back. She needs a youth sized stock. Her LOP is 12 7/8.

So I'm looking at wenig and devault and holly crikes I want to put her into a custom by either if these shops. But suddenly the all in on this thing jumps to $7-8K!!!

She's 14, we believe this is her life's passion. But I want to get her a stock that will fit but I need to be in the $1200 range, with an adj comb, butt plate and recoil reducer. She is a tiny 4'11".

I've looked at the PFS and I know they make a youth. But the aesthetics are funky (she likes the look, she likes hancocks stock a lot).

Anyway, this board hasn't steered me wrong. Is there a youth sized stock that I can get for a 692 within my budget?

Thanks

·
Registered
647 Posts
I haven't seen one but a call to Mr. Rich Cole at Coles gunsmithing would probably get you the best answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts