Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions on installing release triggers in a Beretta 692.....1) is there anything different than the 682 series Beretta's? 2)What all is involved in installing releases...i.e. drilling,cutting, welding? 3) Who is knowledgeable to install in the 692 Beretta? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Gene

·
Sky Buster
4,166 Posts
Couple of questions on installing release triggers in a Beretta 692.....1) is there anything different than the 682 series Beretta's? 2)What all is involved in installing releases...i.e. drilling,cutting, welding? 3) Who is knowledgeable to install in the 692 Beretta? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Gene
Phillips Gunsmithing, Texas or Doug Hubbard, MO.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
#2 for Phillips....

Reactions: Cowboy Rick

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Phillip's for sure. He did my 682 release triggers which are great. When I decided to go back to pull, he made the switch and actually made the parts so I could swap back and forth myself. I had to force him to accept reasonable payment. He stands behind his work.

Website link:

Gunsmithing in Emory, Texas

Contact info:

Phillip's Gunsmithing
314-A West Lennon Drive #223
Emory, Texas 75440

Phone:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the replies...I would like to know if there is a major difference between the Beretta 682 series receiver/trigger mechanisms and the new Beretta 692 series...everything looks the same and the only difference indicated by Beretta is that the receiver on the 692 is just a little wider. That is why I was more wondering if the installation of release triggers was pretty much just like the 682 series or if any different modifications had to be done to the 692...maybe one of the gunsmiths will weigh in on this or if anybody has had a release installed in a 692 could offer some insight. Thanks

Gene

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glenfish...thanks for the reply but I contacted Coles initially (since I have done business with them previously with great results) and they do not do releases on O/U's...they do them on semi-auto trigger groups but will not do them on O/U's.
That is why I am kind of wanting to know more about release triggers on O/U guns versus other types of guns and since the Beretta 692 is fairly new, I wanted to know if a good gunsmith that had done any Beretta 682 series guns would have any problems with a 692?? The receiver is a little different but I cannot determine if installing releases in a 692 would be more complicated than a 682 series...would like to know before I make a decision on who/where to send it to. If it is vastly different, I really don't want to be the first guinea pig and was hoping to maybe hear from someone that has had them done on a Beretta 692 specifically. Thanks

Gene

·
Registered
1 Posts

Gene
Allen’s Guncraft does fantastic work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts