Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my luck. The ejector selector broke.

What's interesting is that I can't get the ejectors out now. I think those are also messed up when the button broke. It won't come out and I don't want to force it out. It used to slide right out. It doesn't anymore.

My question is whether I should bring this back to the dealer or should I just take it to my gunsmith? The dealer would probably just send it back to Beretta. Technically the gun still works and I can select extract instead of eject and it should still be ok. Thanks guys. It's my first over/under and I shoot it a lot but I didn't expect this to happen.

·
Registered
14,120 Posts
Looks like there's a big burr at the cutout. My guess is it can probably be gently be tapped out and the burr cleaned up, a new button installed, and be good as new. Brownells probably has a new button, if not coles will.

·
Registered
530 Posts
A 692 can't be that old, so I am guessing it is still under warranty? If so, contact Beretta. No reason for you to come out of pocket IMHO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Absolutely. There's no reason for that type of malfunction on a shotgun that new.
Call Beretta. I'm sure they'll do the repair at little or no cost.

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Boy that is surprising that broke. My SV10 Prevail iii has the same ejectors and has over 40K rounds without a glitch. Just purchased a 692 X-Trap and hoping for the same performance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts