Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 686 Beretta stock has factory cast off. How much could a thru bolt stock be bent to get some cast on?
Do-able or buy a left hand stock? Bending is a lot cheaper. I'm not a rich guy. Have been looking for used left hand stock set at the usual places, haven't found any.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Coles usually carries left hand stocks for 680 series guns. I bought one 2 years ago for my SP1.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
When I had my TM1 fit to me 25 years ago, They bent the stock with hot oil and a hydraulic press. Seems to have stayed put. Not sure a stock will bend all the way from right hand cast to left hand though.

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
Rule of thumb is, bend it twice as much as you want, it SHOULD spring back 1/2 as much. Not very scientific, but often works. If stock breaks, or does not take, no guarantees.

If you have 3/8 cast off and want 3/8 cast on, that won't work. Stock won't bend 1 1/2". If you bend it 3/8, then the stock is neutral and won't fit anybody. There is considerable risk bending it 3/4", hoping it will spring back to 3/8 without breaking.

The best bet is, indeed, a new stock. Sell yours here, will partially cover the expense. Your gun is not worth much to you if it does not fit.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
If you have a stock with a through bolt you can only bend behind the bolt or you will have problems. Toe out is easy but cast is another story. Fighting against a bolt that wants to pull in a straight line is a loosing battle for a piece of wood.

·
Registered
629 Posts
JJ Perodeau in Oklahoma is the master of stock bending. I believe it’s around $500 to get it done. He can probably tell you how much you can expect it to bend.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had a k80 stock i put on my k32 and it had a slight left cast i had it bent slight right cast works great so far. Good luck Zack H

1 - 13 of 13 Posts