Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
File the beak off the ejector. Try shortening the ejector springs first. If you cut the springs flush with the barrel, you will probably find that to be satisfactory. Springs $1.95, new ejectors and fitting $$$. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
472 Posts
Alter the ejector at your own risk! I have a Beretta 682 that I got new in 2002.

I converted it from eject to extract by changing the ejector spring. Have not had any problems, it works great. Being a reloader I don't want to eject my empties onto the ground. With a lighter spring the empty only pops up, very easy to grab. The empty barely clears the breach.

These are the dimensions of the spring I got from a gun smith and cut it to length.

Length: 3.100 inch

OD: .161

Wire Diameter: .020

This also makes it very easy to remove the ejector for cleaning. With the factory spring it is a real bear to remove.

Good luck.

Frank

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I would only shorten the spring so there still is just a little tension on it with the ejector up, any shorter and the ejector is loose and could easily fall out of the barrel when you least expect it.....like after dark in the parking lot while you are wiping it down to put away.

I wouldn't file anything...you'll change the ejector timing.

tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.