Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden my Beretta 682 Gold E is pulling thru, Its a Spears, don't want to send it out because Darrel is very busy--

What can cause this?

Will a good gunsmith be @ the Silver Dollar when the season kicks into high gear.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When a release doesn't set, but the firing pin hits the shell when trying to set a release trigger.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Phil: Are you sure it is "pulling through"? The reason I ask is that I also had my 682 do the same thing. Sent it back to Dean Harris at Skeets Gun Shop; he found nothing wrong. Some time after that I was shooting my KS-5 Special at a local shoot. It went off when I set the trigger. Sent that back to Phil Crenwelge who found nothing wrong. A month or so later at a local shoot the Krieghoff did it again. I then borrowed a fellow shooters 682 and I had the same thing happen. I then borrowed a friends Kolar. Shot the next trap without incident and then it happened again. Now it don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 3 guns could have all "pulled through". I withdrew from the shoot and talked to a very good shooter that at one time represented Winchester. (John Muir). He told me that he had it happen to him. It is caused by unknowingly taking pressure off of your trigger. It seemed almost impossible but I took his advice to forcefully set the trigger and even setting the trigger with the first joint of your finger instead of using the pad of your finger. Since then I have shot my 682 and the Krieghoff approximately 2000 rounds each and it never happened again. JMHO. Good Luck. Ed

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx, but I had several other shooters try the gun, it pilled thru, it doesn't do it all the time--but it does it often enough--so I can't shoot it.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a 1100 trigger do this checked the trigger and found that the hook was wore and would slip of the hammer took a small mill file and filed it flat and have not had anymore problems Bill

·
Registered
279 Posts
How come everybody is all over Gary Bryant because he is a nitwit, and here we we have a self confessed thief, and nobody says a word. I think a thief is the most discusting person there is. If he steals from someone he will steal from you too. A thief is a thief.

·
Registered
279 Posts
There was a thread titled Heavy Duty 1/2" Corded Drill,dated Nov. 28, 2013. This Phil Berkowitz guy told how to steal from Home Depot or Lowes, buy just using the Drill
, and then take it back and say it "sux" and get your money back. He then went on to tell the good things he did with the money he had stolen. There were 42 posts on that thread, and only 6 called him out. Evidently trap shooters don't mind a thief.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts