Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a friend that has 682 X trap o/u he is selling. It is marked on the bottom 682 X. He says it is an E series. Not Gold E but just E. Is there such a designation? The only thing on the gun that shows E is the first letter of the serial number. It has an adjustable comb, adjustable butt pad, ported, and mobile screw in chokes. Really nice condition with
98 % bluing.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
This series Wes prior to the "GOLD" series. Many of the extras you mention are
probably after market.These are great guns.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
What kind of choke? Mobil or Optima?

I think the Gold E was when the Optima chokes were introduced.
The Gold E had a rather distinct engraving and the checkering was different. Pictures would really help.

Jason

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I had a 682 Gold X-Trap combo with a Greystone receiver. There was a standard 682 X-Trap also. Very nice gun. It was not a Gold-E. Beretta was kind of like the Browning Citori when it came to the 680-682 series. Hard to keep track of what was what.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a 682 Gold X-Trap combo with a Greystone receiver. There was a standard 682 X-Trap also. Very nice gun. It was not a Gold-E. Beretta was kind of like the Browning Citori when it came to the 680-682 series. Hard to keep track of what was what.
That's kind of what I thought. There seem to be several different finishes and markings out there. Really nice shotgun that needs nothing done to it for a nice price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts