Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. This is Don from Wisconsin. First time posting on this site. I recently purchased a Beretta 682 Gold E Sporting on Gunbroker. I broke it down and cleaned it and I noticed it has mechanical triggers. I have 2 other 682's....and both of them have inertia triggers. Did Beretta ever build these from the factory with mechanical triggers? Just trying to figure out if this could be factory installed......or installed by the previous owner.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a 682 Gold E Sporting that I bought new that came with inertia triggers. I haven't heard of them being available from the factory with mechanical triggers. Some of the manufacturers who make sub-gauge tubes will do conversions to mechanical. If you call Coles Gunsmithing they could probably give you the straight scoop. John

·
Registered
760 Posts
My 682X Trap from the early 90s, bought used, has mechanical trigger. My 682 Sporting, about the same age, has inertia trigger. Both are crisp, and work perfectly when shooting doubles; but I like the mechanical better when I drop both hammers on snap caps putting the gun away. -Ed

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hi to all. This is Don from Wisconsin. First time posting on this site. I recently purchased a Beretta 682 Gold E Sporting on Gunbroker. I broke it down and cleaned it and I noticed it has mechanical triggers. I have 2 other 682's....and both of them have inertia triggers. Did Beretta ever build these from the factory with mechanical triggers? Just trying to figure out if this could be factory installed......or installed by the previous owner.
Mind posting pictures of both of them?
Just curious on it and gives something to liven up the time at home these days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure! The top gun is a 682 gold e trap combo I purchased last fall. Bough it on gunbroker for $3700. The buyer said he was the original owner and never shot the double barrel, and shot only 100 rounds through the un-single barrel. I was totally pleased with the gun when it arrived, as it was in minty new condition with zero flaws in the metal or wood. The gun is in perfect condition and came with the original hard case, 2 sets of chokes and all the goodies that usually come with a new gun. I have upgraded this gun to the Graco adjustable comb hardware.

The middle gun I also bought on gunbroker for $1900. It also is a 682 gold e....but a sporting model. This gun also is in mint like new condition. I looks like it only had a few boxes of shells shot through it. (this is the gun that has the mechanical triggers). It also came complete with box, factory hard case and all the goodies. I plan on using this gun for sporting clays.

The bottom gun I also purchased on gunbroker for $1700. It is an older Mobile choked sporting model with some honest wear but looking good for an older used gun. Its been working great for squirrel hunting.

I feel pretty lucky finding the 2 top guns in such pristine low mileage condition....I probably will never sell them.

I am 54 years old and shot trap casually and on leagues for almost 25 years....... 1983 up until about 2008. I have been away from shooting for about 12 years. Decided to get back into it last summer. Glad I did and really enjoying it. I tried several types of guns over the years...started out with a 870 TC.....had a Browning Citori field grade.....owned a BT-99 for awhile....and still own a Beretta al390 trap....in fact I have 2 of them. Decided it was time to get a dedicated over under trap gun that was adjustable to fit me. That's my story. The link below shows a picture of all 3 guns:

beretta 682 - Google Drive

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a 682X from the late 80's and it was converted to mechanical triggers sometime in it's life. A shooting buddy has a 682X and it has inertia triggers that are currently giving him trouble.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Beretta 682 series, Silver receivers, 682X, black receiver Super Sporting, Gold's and Gold E's all had inertia triggers. Beretta never offered mechanical triggers; back in the late 80's, through the 90's and 2000's, Kolar and Briley offered mechanical trigger without tube sets and most 682 shooters opted for them even though they were a $150 install. I have 3 682 models, 2 with Kolar and 1 with Briley all models have never had any issues with their mechanical triggers in 25 years. I have heard Kolar only does their trigger work if you buy a tube set and don't know about Briley?

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Song Dog nailed it. Way back when I shot flyers, I had all my Beretta 682s converted to mechanical by Kolar. There are no do overs in flyers shooting due to ammo, gun or shooter malfunction. Kolar was the only company who did true mechanical and not just light inertia. Good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Sure! The top gun is a 682 gold e trap combo I purchased last fall. Bough it on gunbroker for $3700. The buyer said he was the original owner and never shot the double barrel, and shot only 100 rounds through the un-single barrel. I was totally pleased with the gun when it arrived, as it was in minty new condition with zero flaws in the metal or wood. The gun is in perfect condition and came with the original hard case, 2 sets of chokes and all the goodies that usually come with a new gun. I have upgraded this gun to the Graco adjustable comb hardware.

The middle gun I also bought on gunbroker for $1900. It also is a 682 gold e....but a sporting model. This gun also is in mint like new condition. I looks like it only had a few boxes of shells shot through it. (this is the gun that has the mechanical triggers). It also came complete with box, factory hard case and all the goodies. I plan on using this gun for sporting clays.

The bottom gun I also purchased on gunbroker for $1700. It is an older Mobile choked sporting model with some honest wear but looking good for an older used gun. Its been working great for squirrel hunting.

I feel pretty lucky finding the 2 top guns in such pristine low mileage condition....I probably will never sell them.

I am 54 years old and shot trap casually and on leagues for almost 25 years....... 1983 up until about 2008. I have been away from shooting for about 12 years. Decided to get back into it last summer. Glad I did and really enjoying it. I tried several types of guns over the years...started out with a 870 TC.....had a Browning Citori field grade.....owned a BT-99 for awhile....and still own a Beretta al390 trap....in fact I have 2 of them. Decided it was time to get a dedicated over under trap gun that was adjustable to fit me. That's my story. The link below shows a picture of all 3 guns:

beretta 682 - Google Drive
Good looking guns.

But I really meant, could you give some pictures of the triggers....just curious on the differences between them.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
^^^Agree with hbar314 we need close up of the action with the stock removed.

Also, those that had their triggers "converted" to mechanical may just have had the existing inertia trigger tweaked or just the inertia block changed, to act like mechanical triggers. Especially if you only paid $150.

Interesting story, the Golden West Grand at Reno, the gun shop manager usually brought in a Beretta smith. One year the smith sent his tools and extra parts by UPS ground. They did not arrive when the shoot started. He looked at my gun using the shop manager's tools and made the trigger act like mechanical triggers. I am not sure if he had with him some inertia blocks or just did what ever to the current parts to make the trigger act like mechanical triggers. It may have been free, just can't remember.

Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, but I won't be able to remove the stock for at least a couple weeks or so....I loaned out the stock allen wrench tool to one of my shooting team buddies to clean his Beretta 686.

·
Registered
683 Posts
All the Beretta’s I ever bought new had inertia triggers. Some used ones I bought had been converted to mechanical. I’m indifferent either way and don’t find one better than the other for either clay sports or hunting.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I bought a new 687 at the gallery around 1999.
I have a 687x also one owner like new.
They both have mechanical type triggers.
But in design I don't think they are true mechanical.
I've heard it works off the rebounding of the hammer.
The recoil from the hammer trips the bbl selector instead of the inertia block somehow, along with some massaged parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts