Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandson is shooting a 682 Gold E that won't reset the trigger for the 2nd doubles shot when shooting light loads. Even the light 1oz shells won't work consistently. No problem when going to a heavy 1oz load. Already had the gun apart to oil and clean the receiver. Is there a gunsmith fix?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have 2 gold e's. One of them has mechanical triggers and I really like it. Bought it like that so not sure how to convert the trigger but I think that will solve your problems.

Good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Install the "all 4 gauges" inertia springs. I have done this to 2 686's and 2 692's. They all will cycle reliably between barrels shooting 3/4 oz. loads. The springs are available from Brownell's.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Do you have a Precision Fit Stock on the gun?

If so you may have to tighten up the recoil spring in the stock until it cycles reliably even after changing the inertia springs.

Jason

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
He stated that the gun does not work consistently even with the light 1 oz loads. So we are assuming that it works some time. So the inertia (lever) spring or the inertia block springs are not broken.

Jason

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: Give it a good cleaning. Take the stock off and clean the trigger group up really well. Don't over oil as well. I had the same problem but after a good cleaning it would fire my light 3/4oz loads. If you look on You Tube on the Power Factor Show they did a tear down and cleaning of the 680 series gun and also how to change to lighter springs. Let your grandson show you how to find it on You Tube, kids are great with the internet at least mine are. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Send it to Phillip Crenwelge; he fixed mine so it would shoot light first shot doubles loads. It is a faux mechanical trigger: installing a spring designed for 410 loads does the trick!

Doc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts