Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm the only guy at my club who still shoots the all-wood original buttstock, but I know there are options for the 682's. I've looked at TSK (too radical), Gracoil, and a few others. Who makes a replacement buttstock that I can try that isn't the cost of a new Porsche and is adjustable and has a bit of recoil-reducing ability? So far I am not recoil sensitive and shoot 1-1/8 oz loads continuously, but maybe I just have stock envy as the only guy without a fancy butt stock. Oh, and I need to be able to install it myself (no Limbsaver slip-ons or Kick-Eez pads, please).

Thoughts? TIA.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Look for a used PFS.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
14,535 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
PFS is tough to beat. I have one on a 686 that came off a 682 that will fit any 68X series gun and grips are available for most other popular trap guns if I choose to go that route. The big objection is how they look but they can be pimped out just like an old Chevy if one so chooses. Mine is stock as I only care about how well it shoots.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, keep up the great info while I start search the coach for loose change....

Reactions: vatrap

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Thanks, keep up the great info while I start search the coach for loose change....
Realistically the PFS is the only "low cost" option, most of the rest start at around 2k and the resale is weak at best. A friend of mine just unloaded a Stock Lock for $1500, because it was the best he could get out of it. Good thing about a PFS is you can get about the same out of it as you put into it if you buy a used one. Don't go just by me, between the wife and I, we have 5 of them. At this point I doubt I'd buy another target gun that I couldn't put a PFS on.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At this point I doubt I'd buy another target gun that I couldn't put a PFS on.
That's all great info to consider, thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts