Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty damn near MINT condition Beretta 680 R&I. Offered at $875. Thanks and good shooting, Rey
680 R&I 01.jpg
680 R&I 02.jpg
680 R&I 03.jpg
680 R&I 04.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only trades I would consider are 30” 20 or 28 gauge for 12 gauge frame Beretta 68x series sporting barrels. Thanks and good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you have the necessary screws and stock bolt ? Would this receiver be compatible with the wider or thinner 680 series wood? Pull/release
Dean K

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dean, rnoble3 is correct. The original 680 series guns were only wide framed. R&I is as it came from Beretta. They are PULL/PULL triggers. The R&I will work with both wide frame and thin frame Beretta wood as long as the wood is original Beretta wood and not one of the custom sets Cole's has made. Beretta's tolerances are a little more lenient than Rich Cole's and the Beretta thin frame wood stock actually fits flush with the wide frame receiver so you have a lot wore wood choice. I normally maintain wood hardware with stock sets but am happy to speak further with you about that if you'd like to PM me your contact info or send me a PM for mine and I'll do my best to help you out. Thanks and good shooting, Rey

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dean, rnoble3 is correct. The original 680 series guns were only wide framed. R&I is as it came from Beretta. They are PULL/PULL triggers. The R&I will work with both wide frame and thin frame Beretta wood as long as the wood is original Beretta wood and not one of the custom sets Cole's has made. Beretta's tolerances are a little more lenient than Rich Cole's and the Beretta thin frame wood stock actually fits flush with the wide frame receiver so you have a lot wore wood choice. I normally maintain wood hardware with stock sets but am happy to speak further with you about that if you'd like to PM me your contact info or send me a PM for mine and I'll do my best to help you out. Thanks and good shooting, Rey

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
IMO, many people dismiss the 680 as only an earlier version of 682 and thus, can’t be as good as the 682. Reality is that there is no differentiation in Beretta parts listing between the two models. They are identical in all internal parts and functionality! The 680 is the original competition frame, but with all engraving being hand cut on an individual basis. The changes were made to reduce cost of production. Of course, as with all Beretta marketing, the newer version was touted as being improved and thus required a higher MSRP. We shooters always same to fall for such maneuvers!

I still have the original 680 I purchased from Joel, shortly after production began. Still works flawlessly and looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My 2 personal favorite Beretta receivers are the 680 and 682. Classic, elegant and understated. Workhorse of the Beretta line. On top of having hand engraving, this 680 has a hand filed trigger blade just like the SO5 you can see in the first picture. I have an incredible bunker/flyers barrel that I may just end up putting together. Too wet and rainy in S. Florida to shoot today. Hope all have a safe and blessed Memorial weekend. Good shooting, Rey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts