Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across a guy who got one as a gift. He put it in the closet and never put it together. Fast forward 12 years later and I am looking for a new skeet doubles gun and he offers it to me. I have combed over GB and other sites looking for reasonable pricing but having a hard time with it being new with stickers still on it. It has legitimately never been taken out of the blue case.

Whats yalls guess on fair value.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
I have a brand new urika trap model with 30 in step rib. Never shot in the original box and would sell for 1600 delivered. Motordoctor

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
A nice gun but now a discontinued model. Depends if it's the field, trap or sporting model. It probably has the old style Mobile chokes rather than the newer Optima chokes. Being new in the box could still mean some rust after 12 years.
It could be worth $800 to $ 1,200 tops.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
yes it is discontinued BUT one of the best autoloaders that were on the market. This gun that the fellow is looking at??? You have to take each one case by case. Not that big of a deal with mobile or optima chokes that most people can find the difference. A good used one goes for 1000 dollars. Rust, wood damage, all of that has to be taken into account. Even some minor rust can be cleaned up. It's the innards that take the beating. Check the ejector port for wear to see if it has been used. If it is a field gun the price would be a little less. Sporting and trap bring pretty good dollars on the open market

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
It's simply the best of the best in autoloaders.
yes it is discontinued BUT one of the best autoloaders that were on the market.
Both of these guys are right on....my go-to gun is a 391 Urika Gold Sporting w/30" flat rib sporting barrel.

As already responded, if NIB, the value will definitely be different for a Urika field model vs. a Urika target model.

Look on the left side of the barrel and see if it says TRAP, SPORTING or any other designation. Does the barrel have a flat or step rib. If it has a step rib and the top of the comb is parallel to the rib, it is a "Parallel Target" model. Is it a 28, 30 or 32" barrel. All of these things change the "value" of the gun in question.

Ultimately, the gun is only "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Not knowing any more than what you have told us makes it very difficult to put a fair value on the gun. Depending on things I have listed, IMO, a fair price is $800.00 - $1200.00.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
For sure it's the mobil choke barrel. It's not the trap version. It
doesn't seem to be have the white front bead or middle bead, though that's hard to tell from your photo, so it seems to be a field model.
I didn't know they made a 30" field barrel, but that's a plus. The gun will
serve you well for trap or sporting clays. $900 would be a fair price

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
If you get it, let the "Unloader" bend your carrier. I have two of them, they both jam on the second shot, both are getting bent carriers from Gary soon.

Bought a good field gun for $400 two years ago, a good trap model for $500 a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I have an early 28" Sporting version, with Mobil chokes and the bent carrier. It was LNIB when I bought it a few years ago for $795 and felt it was a bargain. I consider it worth more than that now. It is a nice gun and a little money one way or another will soon be forgotten, when you enjoy shooting it. I would think anything under $1000 would be fair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just recently bought a 20ga 28" Sporting version built in 2000. Came with original blue case and all the original accessories. It was a "well loved" gun when I bought it from a reputable dealer for $650. It's got it's share of scratches, etc. but I feel I got a good deal on it. Another local dealer has a couple of used 20ga guns and they're asking $1149 each!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts