Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the approximate POI of your Beretta 391 Parallel Target with a normal sight picture (figure 8)? Had some shoulder work done and the doctors tell me to take it easy with my shooting from now on.....yeah RIGHT! Anyway .... thinking of trying one now that my shoulder can handle a little shooing again.

Inches or percentage. 40 yards, 13 yards or anything in between…I can do the math. Thanks trap shooters.

Mark

·
Registered
544 Posts
Mark,

I get about 60/40 at 35 yards with the comb all of the way down. By the way, mine has the Beretta recoil reducer in the stock and it is really easy on the shoulder.

Chris

·
Vendor
7,245 Posts
yes it is 60%-and the reducer in the stock is worth it!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Slips into the stock, alongside the stock bolt. About 6" long and 3/4" in diameter. You can see them at the Joel Etchen site under Accessories. I think that they sell for $45. Tames the recoil pretty well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 391 for a backup gun for doubles.
With Imp. Mod. choke and a tight figure eight sight picture, mine shoots 50/50 @40 Yds. and the pattern is very consistant coverage. Not sure maybe a got a fluke but it works for me...
I will tell you this, for the money, you couldn't pick a better gun to use with shoulder problems.

Sam

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uhhhh Ohhh... I am getting worried. Seems its somewhere in the neighborhood of 60/40 or less. 70/30 is about the minimum I can live with. Don't mind seeing some rib, within reason. Might have to do some thinking now.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
You can get it as high as you want if you don't mind seeing a little rib between the beads. I don't. With the 50/65 shim I'm at about 90/10.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.