Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My wife has a Beretta 391 20 ga. Does anyone use a drill bit to clean the gas ports and if so, what size? I use a 1/8 inch on my 12 ga. I am guessing it is a smaller size for the 20 gauge?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I don't know what gas size ports the 20 gauge barrel has, but here is what I would do. First, I would find the largest bit that will slip into the gas port without forcing it. Then I would take the next larger bit and push it pretty hard with my fingers while twisting it in an attempt to get it into the gas ports. Do this a couple of times and if there is any caked carbon on or in the ports, this should remove it. BTW, using a little mineral spirits to soak the ports beforehand might be a good idea.

Easystreet

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what gas size ports the 20 gauge barrel has, but here is what I would do. First, I would find the largest bit that will slip into the gas port without forcing it. Then I would take the next larger bit and push it pretty hard with my fingers while twisting it in an attempt to get it into the gas ports. Do this a couple of times and if there is any caked carbon on or in the ports, this should remove it. BTW, using a little mineral spirits to soak the ports beforehand might be a good idea.

Easystreet

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Easystreet,

Thanks so much for the advice and reply. I will use the mineral spirits and get out my drill index!

All the best,

Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts