Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me decide on getting a 30 or 32 inch barrel for my 391 i'm setting up for trap. Is 32 too long? my BT99 is a 34 thanks - mike

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Remember the length of the receiver on an auto loader, some people think a 32" is too long. Try & shoot a 32" first. Also might be way out there if you want to shoot doubles.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have shot both lengths, and the 32" seems to swing a bit smoother, but the 30" seems to do the job also. I didn't think that the 32" was too long. I guess if you had the 30", you could add the Beretta weight accessory on the end of the mag tube and experiment with the differant weights. Have you had the chance to shoot a 30" or a 32" model? I would give that a try first, maybe that would help with your decision.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Had both. The 32 was just to long for me and I like long barrels. Eventually everything gets sold, a 32" is not the easiest sell. Many say the 32" is best. That may be. But why does it take a long time to sell a 32", few are seen and most 30" seem to sell in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
32 inch barrel is worth more money, and may be easier to resell down the road. Longer the barrel, better sighting plane. I would take the 32 inch barrel, hands down.
Steve Balistreri

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
My teknys trap with a 32 inch barrel has the same overall length as my BT99 with a 34 inch barrel and yet the beretta feels too long. especially on hard rights. FWIW. jm

·
Registered
577 Posts
My son had been shooting a 28" with a lot of success when someone from our club that he should try a 32."

It was a nice gesture, but I shot the thing once and thought that it would make a great boat paddle. It had the worse balance point of anything that I've ever shot.

A good general rule of thumb for autoloaders is to add 3 to 4 inches to the barrel length to compare to a similar length over-under. I would suggest you try before you buy.

Does someone at your club have one that you could try?

TNCoach

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with 30". It will be about the same length as my bt-99 and my 1100. And if I need more forward weight it can be added. Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.