Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with the 3091 RL. It seems to be the only gun I can find with a LOP below 13 inches. Please let me know your thoughts on this gun Good or Bad.

Thanks

·
Vendor
7,096 Posts
we have had 3 of those 3901 rl w/ adj.comb 28"-- it is the lowest recoil , best lil gun but i wud suggest buying a 391 rl 28" and having the stock cut off ( which cud be added back later). if this is for a very young petite shooter, then a 3901 is the ticket. if the person has any size at all, then a 391rl i think is a better long term buy!! i will say the 3901 w/ 1oz or even 7/8 lds is like shooting a 20ga !!!! i am not exactly crazy about the simple long wood screws that hold on the butt plate and spacers ,doesnt seem that solid?those screws are about 2 1/2"long!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
We have had them in our youth trap program for 2 or 3 years. Shooters that have smaller hands, short arms, and petite builds, work well with this gun. Comb is adjustable and has a memory device to slow down the parents. Mobile chokes and almost NO mechanical issues. YMMV Omaha

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Bought one for my wife and she didn't like it. Nothing wrong with the gun; she just didn't shoot it well. We gave it to my sister-in-law(she is very petite}, and she LOVES it. Like Tron said, basically a 390. Good gun!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
One thing in teir favor ( my opinion only) is that they still use the mobil chokes. My experience has been that the mobil chokes shoot better than the newer Optima chokes and are easy to find

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.