Trapshooters Forum banner

Beretta 390 step rib barrel

415 2
Looking for a beretta 390 step rib sporting barrel 28” inch preferred but open to 30” inch. Factory porting ok but no aftermarket fixed skeet ok but prefer mobile chokes …I have a 28” Trap step rib nearly new/box but just don’t shoot it well. Thanks Keith
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Keith, from my experience, I have owned 30” step rib barrels marked “Trap” and 30” step rib barrels marked “Sporting “ and they all shot same POI. I would reach out to Wally (acss sign on name) and ask him his opinion and if he had a barrel that may work for you. Good luck and good shooting, Rey

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the input, I’ve got a 26” fixed skeet step rib and shoot it well. Put the trap barrel on and drop to barely low twenties n skeet or trap…. Got a host of different choke tubes from briley, angle port, Carlson’s and comp n choke.. the trap barrel rib does set up a smidge higher than the skeet barrel..thinking a 1/16” of inch if memory serves me right. My gun came with 30”step rib and since I preferred the 28” I bought the trap barrel and sold the 30 before I shot it. Shot the 30 good but just wanted the shorter one. I’ll reach out to Wally..again thank you Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts