Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never see anyone mention Benelli or Franchi on here. Are they mostly field guns. I think a Franchi is just a cheap Benelli but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have a Benelli Nova. Wonderful field gun, good very good trigger for a gun that sells for under 400 bucks but I don't think they make any clay guns. I know Benelli just came out with a o/u but again I think it is a field gun. I read that Franchi is making a womans gun for clays new this year.

Reactions: Tedddy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's sorta what I thought. I have some ethos and legacy models and also Franchi 28 over under for the wife.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Years ago they made the SL80 in a target version, tried one our in the mid to late 1980's

upload_2016-4-16_21-14-4.png

·
Registered
32,605 Posts
Benelli makes a fine gun and I believe they are owned by Berretta, but my only gripe with them is their lack of customer service and failure to provide replacement parts.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Benelli's are quite a bit more expensive than most of the other semi autos, which may be why you don't see more of them around.
The Supersport I believe is around $ 1700 or $1800. There is a very good shooter at my club that shoot a "performance shop" Supersport that costs about $2,500.

·
Registered
11,313 Posts
First off--- There Auto's are not gas operated!!! As such, they do not bleed off any gas/or recoil when they eject the empty hull out. They are mechanical instead. Which makes it long lasting with few break downs, but no recoil reduction is the trade off.

Secondly---They dropped one of the finest exhibition shooters of all time. Tom Knapp!!! When Tom became sick instead of sticking by him in his time of need!!! They dropped him like a hot potato on the spot. Now you have to remember that Tom Knapp made Benelli the household name that they are, by using there guns to set all kinds of shotgun shooting records, and this is how Benelli re-paid the man. "I'LL NEVER BUY A BENELLI AS LONG AS I LIVE" They are lower than dog sxxt in my book. May I suggest "YOU" follow my lead on this as well. I hope so!!!!!! This is why he had to go over to CZ guns before he succumbed to his disease. Thanks For Letting Me Vent On This. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did not know that. I have watched him numerous times and when I saw him, I thought of Benelli. That is not good business and will always remember that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I own a 20GA Supersport and a 12GA Legacy Sporting with 30" barrel. I use the legacy mostly for sporting clays and the occasional skeet round. My daughter mostly shoots the SS since it takes 10 seconds to shorten the length of pull and it is lighter and softer shooting. Benelli make a great pointing and very reliable shotgun. Mine has a very nice walnut stock and I have put extra shot in the bolt cutout to add a little extra weight. I have owned a few other semis but I prefer the inertial mechanism of the Benelli. It is also super easy to take apart and clean and cycles rounds very fast with little muzzle rise. Although it is not as soft shooting as a Beretta or Remington 1100 gas gun, it does absorb quite a bit of the recoil and in my opinion comfortable to shoot. They are a bit more expensive than their competitors but the build quality is excellent.

·
Registered
11,313 Posts
I really don't care how there guns are made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If every other company that made shotguns went out of business--------I STILL WOULD NOT BUY ONE OF THERE GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do hope I don't have vent again!!!!!!!!!!!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
856 Posts
P & M, won't be any Benelli's in our house. They beat the poop out of me with their mechanical action. Dang glad I kept my 1100's. Of course, YMMV.

Ernie

·
Registered
127 Posts
I hope you feel better now Pull and Mark. You better add Beretta to your list as well, since they are the parent company and probably made the decision.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Pull & Mark,

Couldn't have said it better myself. They did Tom a great disservice in the lowest hours of his life. That will not be forgiven or forgotten.

Also I did own a SBEII, had major issues with it, and their customer service sucked.

·
Registered
11,313 Posts
You better add Beretta to your list as well, since they are the parent company and probably made the decision.
I already did, several years before Tom's misfortune.

Palm Beach Trap and Skeet club here in Florida used to be a rather large dealership for Beretta's. Back in like 2003 many years before the crash of 2008, they had a top shooter (AAA) that was a member there, you have to remember this was mostly a private members only type club (high end). He bought a high end EELL O/U beretta that was the lastest and greatest at the time. This AAA club shooter could not hit sxxt with the gun. He took it to the patterning board the same day he bought it after just a round or two and one barrel was way off. So he had the clubs owner who ran the club and was the FFL gun dealer as well, return the beretta back to the factory. They sent back this high dollar gun and said it shot within factory spec's. The one barrel was over a foot off. So after many months and bla bla bla. the club owner took the gun back from this shooter and canceled his dealership with Beretta and never did business with them again. I have since heard that this is a common pratice with beretta and not a isolated case. Browning may take 6 months or so but will make any shooter happy by fixing the problem or giving them a new gun/and or barrel, but not so with beretta. So there you have it. Buy whatever gun you like. break em all Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts