Trapshooters Forum banner

Benelli....Super Nova, SBE, M2 Owners ?

2144 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Spanky
How is the Realtree APG or the Max-4 Camo finishes holding up on your guns? I'm not really refering to battle scars because, they are just part of the game and you'll have them when hunting and using your gun hard in possible harsh conditions. I try to keep my guns clean and in goog mechanical conditions and I'm concerned about flaking or peeling due to a cleaner, lube or solvent that is not compatable. How is you finishes holding up? I'm thinking about the Max-4 on a Super Nova. And I like to use the correct product(s) on it. Thanks Spank.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Vendor
8,168 Posts
call shooters emporium portland or.- they do this kind of work and wud know the answer

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm just gonna have to keep anything with a strong solvent base away from the surface. I'm not concerned about the battle scars. I'm probably going to buy the Super Nova this summer and shoot it quite a bit before waterfowl comes in. I'll probably call Benelli and run it past them.

· Registered
452 Posts
I have a few Benelli shotguns and you do not have to use any harsh solvents to clean them. Any dirt outside wash with warm soap and water,inside wipe with a damp solvent cloth. If you get some solvent on your camo dont worry just wipe it dry. Shoot the heck out of it and wear those battle scars proud!!!!!

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talked with Benelli today. They told me the worst thing the hunter can get on the exterior camo finish is DEET bug repelant. The current cleaners and lubes I use were said to be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.