Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got both of them, the beretta 391 has less felt recoil but the benelli is not much more,my opinion the benelli will outlast the beretta.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have never shot the 391, though I really want to, I owned 2 Benelli's but now just one. I love the reliability of a Benelli but they kick like no other. I am under 30 years old and the Benellis beat me half to death. I sold one because it was unpleasant to shoot. I think the reliability of the Benelli are idea for hunting, particularly waterfowl when a lot of heavy clothes will be worn. For trap I would definitely get a gas gun.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I've had both and honestly could not say that either kicked worse. I shoot O/U's and 870's a lot too and never notice the recoil. They are both quality guns. Jackie B.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I can't offer any opinion on the two guns you asked about but I can tell you the Beretta Extema 2 has been my waterfowl gun until this season when I bought a Benelli Cordoba. I was apprehensive about the recoil shooting 3 inch duck and goose loads in the Cordoba but I can honestly say the Cordoba is a softer shooting gun for me than the Extrema 2.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Benelli: safety behind trigger, Beretta: safety in front of trigger. "nuff said". Recoil when shooting waterfowl? Who notices?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.