Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
You mean a BENELLI...828U ?
It is a VERY LIGHT hunting gun.....great for a day of bird hunting but it IS NOT
A TARGET GUN.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I might add that I was recently at Jaquas and looked at the Browning CX Composite with the 32 inch barrels. That one really got my attention. Thinking it was in the $1500 range and one sweet gun. I might be making a trip back to look at it again. Very impressed with it

·
Supporting Vendor
10,139 Posts
It’s like they started off designing a new auto loader, but changed their minds half way through. Weird.

·
Registered
31,703 Posts
I handled one a couple months ago. It was an engraved nickel plated. Out of the box thinking on design, but I have seen a lot worse. It is a sweet swinger, and nicely done, but not a gun for 300 rounds in a day.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Every one likes what they like. I would recommend shooting one if possible before buying as they are very light and expensive. Even the sporting model is too light for lots of shooting in a day. No Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The one gun I think is funkier than the cynergy, interesting design. Held a sporting, seems like it would do its job but not convinced it would be something I would want to put 300rds through in a day

·
Registered
31,703 Posts
The one gun I think is funkier than the cynergy, interesting design. Held a sporting, seems like it would do its job but not convinced it would be something I would want to put 300rds through in a day
Now becareful, I have an early Cynergy. It is a soft shooter, and far different, much better than the worn out, over rated, 1000 time rebranded POS Citori.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have nothing against the cynergy, almost pulled the trigger on a classic trap combo actually but it got snapped up at Dawson's, not questioning mechanics at all, just kind of funky aesthetically when compared others (I found the classic on the more pleasant side and good value for what you get).

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
I have owned 3 of them. All overrated. They were supposed to be the poor man’s Super Imposed. .
Rick,
You might have had issues, but the Citori is still in production today. On the other hand, the Cynergy was a complete flop and has
since been discontinued. I'm sure you love yours, but far more are on the Citori side of things.
MG

·
Registered
31,703 Posts
Rick,
You might have had issues, but the Citori is still in production today. On the other hand, the Cynergy was a complete flop and has
since been discontinued. I'm sure you love yours, but far more are on the Citori side of things.
MG

“One man’s trash, another man’s treasure,” right? I would never tell a person not to buy one, but I will never have another Citori again. One in particular was a new top single combo I bought in 1980 for $1500.00. Single barrel had a 30/70 POI with the beads stacked. Had to cover up the bird, never could shoot it. Browning would not take it back to check it. Put in my vault for the next 15 years. Got so desperate to get rid of it, traded it for a Recoil Less, felt guilty about that. What irritated me about Browning was, every few years, they would repackage, rename the same old design and create a new market rush for it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Rick,
MG
Looks like they are still in production:
upload_2020-3-9_11-54-32.png

·
Registered
31,703 Posts
No longer making the trap models.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
From the look of your add, that could be true. That was not what Browning was saying at the Shot Show.
MG
Fair enough, I was just curious earlier and just looked at the site. Wonder if the site will just be updated at some point then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts