Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello back some time ago there was somebody on here showing a new kind of shell holder for you belt,
if I remember the box or shell holder was a slide on system if this makes any since. Looking for the name or web page please ...

Thanks AL

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There was a guy at the CT state shoot a few years ago who had an anodized aluminum shell holder It was really cool and held the shells all in tracks milled into the Aluminum plate. I am sorry I dont have his name. Maybe someone here knows and can provide it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I found some more info
Advsporttech.com does anybody know where this guy went or a phone number to contact him..

AL'

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think I know the holder you were talking about. Seems like it was red anodized aluminum and it held a five rows of five shells. I remember checking on them and they were a little pricey.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Schoolcop, I think you are right. I actually have one that the company marketing them sent to me while I was president of our local gun club a few years ago. I can look and see the contact information from when they sent it to me. Looks like a nice piece of equipment, just don't want to have to load it up every 25 rounds, in those little machined, dedicated slots. There was another system out not too many years ago that came with some type of plastic boxes and they (the boxes) clipped on a belt somehow and you got the belt, the holder and 4 boxes and covers as a set. Even could get it with a little range bag as an option. Don't remember the name of that company promoting that system. Sorry for my lack of memory. Mike* (MH*)

·
Super Moderator
3,270 Posts
sc1.jpg
sc2.jpg

I used to wet my leather box holder and jam the Shell Caddy box in with paint stirrer wedges, then let it dry in the sun to stretch it out so the box's fit.

·
Registered
32,255 Posts
I believe the Shell Caddy is no longer made, but it was gray plastic and consisted of 5 pieces. A handle and 4 shell holders, each one held 25 shells in grooved slides that looked like a flat square plate. The 4 shell holders clipped on the handle so you could carry 100 shells on it. The shell holder plates had a hinged piece of plastic that would cover the top of the rows to prevent the shells from falling out while transporting or if dropped. When you got to the field to shoot your 25, you removed one of the plates, and hooked it on your belt. Put the empty hulls back on it as you shot each one and returned to plate to the handle and other plates.

If ou do a search on "shell caddy" you will see a series of pictures of all kinds of shell caddies and shell holders, belts, etc. but not the device I described.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts