Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are haveing a two day registerd shoot here in S.E.Michigan and we want to give away buckles as trophys. I was wondering you would you use to get them at a real reasonable price. This is our first real registers shoot and im not sure how good the turn out will be. I do not want to bankrupt our club for these buckles and then not make enuff money to cover thier cost. any suggestions would be very helpful. Curt DuVall Brest Bay S.C.

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,345 Posts
Curt, we have used Jim Beasley from Tilden Trophies several times. Take a look at http://www.tildentrophies.com. Prices were very reasonable & work was top notch. Harv.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Tilden buckles are nice, I got one for "C" class, Doubles Championship at the Montana State Shoot in '04. Hasn't "turned green" yet?

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
977 Posts
Curt, Shamrock Leathers have some nice belt buckles we get them for National Trapshooting Day and sometimes for our Club Championships. I think they are around $19.00 or so. They are nice leather buckles. MJ

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone, our shoot is June 2nd ( 200 singles ) and June 3rd ( 100 hd and 100 dbls ) it will be the first annual Lake Erie Classic. Im working on some added money and we are going to put together some fine eating, I hope some of you can make it!! Curt

·
Registered
77 Posts
john,
i am glad you got a good one maybe that Montana weather is not as hard on recycled pepsi cans as the fl weather is. And again you might have got one that had only been recycled once. I think we here in fl get those that pepsi recycles 3 or 4 times then of course theres not much left.....and thats what we get NOT MUCH

BOB MEYERS

·
Registered
977 Posts
Curt sure would like to make your shoot but we have our Club Championships that day. Maybe we can make some other shoot. Hope to see you soon. The Heisler's

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been dealing with Anacortes Brass Works 360 293-4515 for very nice brass buckles/key fobs/money clips that the shooters enjoy. The buckles are not the big rodeo style, some shooters overhangs prevent use of! Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Only problem with Tilden is that they mostly use that German Silver - which is nothing more than a hunk of copper, nickel and zinc - it has NO silver in it. My main complaint with cheap German Silver buckles is that they do not wear well - just not the same as silver.

Don't get me wrong - Tilden makes absolutely fabulous buckles - as long as they stay with Sterling Silver. However, Bill Mains get my vote. His work is outstanding.

TD Seattle

·
Registered
77 Posts
german silver............. pepsi cans recycled only 2 times thats as close to FABULOUS as you are going to get to sterling silver in this part of the world

·
Registered
77 Posts
john
Isee why you have not had any green............ you have yours in a air tight box and only look at it every 2 and 1/2 years and i guess that would work............BUT dont try using it or your done.... some of that german silver will start showing and i guess what can one expect for 3 bucks....keep that box closed

bob meyers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.