Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Belgium Guild SxS hammer gun for a winter project. I can identify most of the marks based on the information on the web but have not been able to find out what the two circled in red mean. Are they just inspector stamps or something else. It looks like the gun is proofed for black powder but not nitro. Your thoughts?

Belgium proof marks.jpg

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
The bottom right (in the picture) appears to be govt.certification or "crown certification ". The upper one is most likely the craftsman's mark. Just a guess.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi,
The Oval at the bottom with the crown and ML is the manufacturers trademark-in your case Manufacture Liegeoise D'Armas A Feu
Not sure about about the one at the top-probably the maker of the barrels. You can log on to littlegun.be which is a site dedicated to Belgian guns.
For a few dollars, you can join and the gentleman who runs the site, Alain Trigger, will be happy to answer your questions. I restored a 16 GA Man. Liegeoise a few years ago and Alain and his website were very helpful, although the site is a bit strange to navigate. PM me if you need any help.
Regards Doc

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the good information. I will check out the web site.

The gun I have will never be the beauty that you have Doc. Nice work! Thanks for sharing the photo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts