Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of fanboys of Beikirch's here. Personally my overall experience over the years with them hasn't been as stellar. Today's experience will obviously result in it being the last time I ever step foot into their business.

It isn't uncommon to go to Beikirch's and wait in line for 20 minutes while the employees shoot the shit with customers who are window shopping instead of waiting on those with product in their hands waiting to cash out.

Last Thursday I go there around 4:30 and there are about 30 people waiting around, waiting to be waited on with no signs of movement in the line. So I leave because I'm not spending Friday night waiting to be waited on.

Today at 1PM I go there, I just left a few minutes ago, and I am the only customer there. There are about five guys working there eating their fish fries. Now you would think that with a 5:1 ratio you would get waited on pretty quick. No, instead their employee fail to even acknowledge a paying customer.

I called Hans let him know about the issue, as I have in the past, and he said he will speak with "the boys."

From my past experience I am sure nothing with change.

Now I will wait for the fanboys to tell me that this can't be true and come to the defense of Beikirch's.

After countless experiences of failed customer service you have to throw the towel in when dealing with a company. When a company fails to value their customers, they don't deserve your business.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You don't think it is unreasonable to complete ignore a customer while they are literally the only customer in the store?

A piece of fish is more valuable than cash flow or the actual customer?

Grown men have to be led around on a leash by their boss to do what they get paid to do?

I'll order the A400 which I was going to purchase there, from the internet and just pay a transfer fee.

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
by the way who the hell is Beikirch's?? But I will assure you I will not shop there.

Be sure to pick up your membership card in the P & M club.

Don

·
0 Posts
I agree with you Rich. That's why I suggested vendors take notice of the damage this site can do to their business.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Not trying to start an argument and realizing the state of things. Last fall our group put together a rather large for us component order (in the neighborhood of $11,000.00).To make a long story short, we got NOTHING. Period. The fellow who put the order together kept in touch with the person he was dealing with. It is my understanding that the last time he called the person on that person's cell phone he was told not to contact him again on his cell phone. We all got a refund.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
twoatlow8,

In reality, I could get better service from both of those places. At least when I go into Gander, not every employee has their face shoved into a fish fry while a customer is just standing there trying to give them their business.

I don't think the pricing at Gander Mountain is much, if any, more expensive than Beikirch's.

You try to support the small guy, over going to a big box store. Why try though when they could obviously don't value you as a customer. Like I said, this is not the first, or second time this has happened. It is a continual trend of poor customer service and even poorer management.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Rich219,

Not sticking up for anyone here, but some times how we interact with people in business makes all the difference. For me it's a two-hour drive but I'm there a couple times a month and always go with the mindset that I'm going to be there a while. I'll bet you can get in and out of Dick's or Gander Mountain (which are both closer for me) in less time but I don't get what I want there, (which lots of times is reliable information), so I don't go there.

Another huge factor here is the impact our wonderful NYS government has had on Beikirch's for more than the past year & a half. That has been and continues to a G-D nightmare. Ammunition & components are in short supply. That also hurts us.

The one thing I will tell you with certainty is this. If Hans said he will do something, he will do something. Take that to the bank.

Jon Reitz

A loyal Beikirch's customer...

·
Registered
126 Posts
You have to realize that Beikirch is so far behind in back orders that they don't even know when items are going to show up. The last time I spoke with my contact there I was informed that they were 44,000 bags of shot on back order. Now you know they are supplying there biggest accounts and holding back on the little ones. I mean we have a supplier in Rhode Island who claims to have 10 tons of lead in all sizes all the time. You know he's not having any problem finding stock. So if you think an $11,000 order is big think what the big guys are buying. Your little amount is not that great to them. By the way CAC still owes me 15000 primers and that was in March. There comment was " I can't even give you a date as to when it will be coming in" interesting?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have been a customer of Biekirch's for over 30 years. They are now and always have been fair to deal with. They support the small clubs Trap and Skeet league's in the area. I can not say that for ANY other retailer in the area!

Biekirch's main business is a wholesale distributor of guns ammo and shooting supplys. I do not except hand holding and singing Kumbaya with the staff while I am there, this is a wholesale counter.

I experience the same service at all the wholesale counters I go to.

If you want a Full service feel good experience, go to Cabela's or better yet try Griffin and Howe in NYC.
Oh yea don't forget to bring a pile of cash when you go! You will pay Full retail there. Last time I looked at Gander Mountain, shot was $55.00 a bag!

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Just a couple quick comments.

I've been dealing with the guys @ Beiks for 15+ years.

One thing you have to realize is they guys don't take proper lunch breaks. They eat at their desk, and field phone calls, answer questions, and help customers between bites. Pretty much every time I've been in their around lunch time, they're eating at their desk. I'm sure when its really busy (as it has been 90% of the time for the last 11 months) they don't even take time to eat a meal, just bites between customers.

Even if you are the only retail customer there, that doesn't mean they are all slacking off. They have phone and wholesale orders to work on, orders to place with suppliers, ect.

If you want help, you need to belly up to the bar so to speak. If you hang back and wait to be called on, they'll assume you're browsing or kicking tires. If you go there long enough, they'll recognize you by face, and you'll usually gravitate toward one or two guys that typically work with you (although none of them will turn you away if you ask for help). Wait by the guy you want to work with, pull up a chair if there's room and one available, and strike up a conversation when he's free.

I GUARANTEE if you walked up to any of the guys in the place, said "Hello, I'd like to buy ..." they would not have been rude or turned you away.

Parting thought. Most if not all of the small shops in the area are getting their stuff from Beiks (or Jerry's in PA) so if you buy from them, you're still buying from Beiks, just paying more markup to a middleman. If Beiks ends up leaving town due to the safe act, we're all going to be in for a world of hurting (except for those of us who know about the big suppliers in PA and OH), since their prices are 20% to 50% less than any competition in the area, and the competitions prices are going to go up anyways if they need to find a new supplier.

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I contacted CAC about delivery price on a pallet of Rio shells and was quoted 425.00 delivery. I usually drive to Beikirchs if they have anything I need. Lately they don't have or can't get what I need due to shortages of everything in general.

I have had a couple of small problems with Beikirch's but they were taken care of promptly.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I looked in the dictionary under putz and guess whos picture was there? It's deer season putz and also the holiday time of year. Both busy times for the boys at Beiks.

Their a great bunch of guys, I have never in the 35 years I have shopped there had a problem. Even the guys on the dock are on the ball, better check your demeanor to be sure it's up to snuff.

If it's full of shoppers most of the time they must be doing something right.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ive done business there for a long time now,we preorder for our club and I also go for myself. Those guys are busting their ass for us everyday,I drive 2 hours to get there and have Never had a bad experience. Rich maybe you better go to gander mtn in Rochester Im sure they would love to kiss ur butt or at least grab ur pocket book. Because of Beich"s we have supplies maybe not like 1 1/2 years ago but they do come. I always call first to see if they have what I need. Han"s Jimmy , Dave and the rest of the crew work very hard and they are friendly and knowledgeable first rate. Maybe next time ask for some help nicely Beni

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
XP100, I don't believe you. Unless you are way off the normal route, CAC is not going to charge you such an amount. I pay the stated internet price, plus nothing. I tip the driver because the service is wonderful. By the way, how many flats of Rios are on a pallet?

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
I read every response and I never heard of Beikirch's. Don't really know if the above complaints are valid or not?

One thing I am sure of, if I do not like the way I am treated either at a shooting supply store or a gun club I go elsewhere.

In my area, there have been gun clubs and shooting related stores that treated customers as though it was a privilege to shoot or shop at their particular club or store and they treated me in a manner that I did not like. To those clubs and stores all I say is you need me more than I need you and we went our separate ways.

I have always felt that some owners just do not have customer service skills in the shooting sports. Usually it's staff takes on the behavior of the owner or the manager.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I don't know if I still have the quote they gave me. 125.00 if I had a commercial address. 425.00 to a residential address which is where my shop is located.

I am looking for the e-mail they sent my.

About 120 flats on a pallet.

Why would I lie???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts