Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe (for us old folks) that it was 50 years ago tonight that the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show? IMO 2 of the greatest song writers of all time, Lennon/McCartney. Favorite song???? The entire Sgt. Peppers Album.

blade819

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I remember watching in my Grandparents living room. Seems like the whole family was there. In the Beatles or Stones polls, I've always leaned Stones. I liked the gritty dirtiness that rolled off of them.

I'm a guitar guy, so I've always had great appreciation for George Harrison, though. Just a great, tastefull player. The Beatles redefined pop culture, for sure.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,972 Posts
I just don't understand people who say that they don't like the Beatles. They were cutting edge at the time and all other bands just went along the path that they laid down. I always wonder if anything like that will ever happen again.

·
Registered
12,459 Posts
Never cared for them or their music.

Johnny Horton and Charlie Pride were my preferred listening in High School then.

Never understood the "desire" to see or listen to them.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I was very entertained by last nights tribute! Great music and performers. Jake Don't know his name, but the big Black guy playing drums with Paul and Ringo at the end was DYNOMITE!

·
Registered
14,695 Posts
I've never understood the big deal about music period. What does it produce? What value?

Yes, I'm a cold hearted trapshooter......any know how to get a mouse out of your grill?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
mouse? a .410 . i cant live without music,it can be hank,hank jr or hank lll,
black sabath ,bach,or the beatles. after a hard days work,the stereo gets cranked and the vino gets poured. joseph

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having been around music all of my life, it is hard to imagine anything but. At 66 I'm still rockin and will go to my grave stopping my foot in time to something. Any type of music will do. For you Beatles fans, try seeing RAIN or the FAB 4 if they come your way. Both very good tribute bands and RAIN was good enough to be on Broadway for 6 months.

blade819

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
50 years ago. Isn't that when the country really started to go to hell? I mean within a few years of the British invasion, the long haired, maggot infested, dope smoking types took over our culture and colleges? All inspired by that quartet from Liverpool?

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I was sitting on the living room floor with my little brother and my folks when that broadcast came on. The next morning at school, two guys showed up with their hair down in bangs (and they had short hair to start with) and missing the Brylcreem....and were told to go home and make themselves presentable by the principal. And the Beetles and nothing but the Fab 4 were the only subject of conversation for days....nothing since had had quite that effect. I kinda doubt that blight on good taste, Justin Bieber will have a 50 year retrospective for his work.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Such talent amazing! one of the great groups of all time, but for those of us old enough to have lived then there was a tremendous amount of muscial talent back then. Groups doing all differnt styles of music that reached so many. Ny favorite is the White Album

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I DVR'd the program the other night, and watched a little while waiting for the Olympics to come on. One of my all-time favorite Beatles songs is "Try to see it my way". Stevie Wonder tried to "improve" it - what a farce! Why do we need to put up with that no talent clown?

Last spring my wife, son, daughter-in-law, and I went to see the Cirque du Soleil's Beatles show at the Treasure Island in Las Vegas. If you are a Beatles fan, and are in LV, you need to go.

·
Registered
15,947 Posts
I was 5 when we saw the Beatles on the ES show. Everything seemed to stop at that time. They were a real culture shock. Told my dad I wanted Beatle boots.
Dad was not amused.

They were very innocent by todays standards.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
many of the groups of our generation are popular with the teens of today. I see that as I walk the halls of the high school I teach at.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts