Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family an I took a few days off and traveled to Panama City Fla. for a much needed vacation. I thought that since we were going to drive that I would throw in guns to shoot some skeet while there to get away from the others for a short time. I pulled up gun clubs near Panama City and found Bear Creek, their web site showed a nice venue with trap, skeet, and sporting clays. Shooting times from 10:00am to dark Wednesday through the weekend. Fair price on rounds and we could pull our own target. Spent about 40min. driving out and finding the club. The gate was open and as we drove in I thought that this is going to be some fun. We could see 5 trap and skeet overlays and a set up for 5 stand. As we approached the club house and fields my heart started to sink. The fields and grounds were over grown with vegetation that looked like hadn't seen a mower in weeks. We went ahead and pulled up to the club house and got out to see if anyone was around. Front door was open and inside the club house was neat and clean, but not a soul in site. You could see there had been some activate around the club house recently. We stuck around thinking maybe we had showed up to early. After a 1.5hr. wait we left. I was disappointed that my son an I didn't get to shoot, but what kind of chapped me was their web site showed they were up and running, if they had folded why would you not also fold your web site. Anyway thought that I would see what the shooters in that area had to say about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts