Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that is just starting to reload and he need an inexpensive scale and I recommended a beam scale. He asked that I see if there was one for sale on here. I had seen one but couldn't find the listing and the ones I found were sold already. If you have one please email me or pm me. Thanks Jackie B.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Mash on the above link. That should be just the ticket for his needs at a price that anyone can afford..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
If I were your friend the scale is to important part of reloading to mess around with. If the scale is off you could blow up a gun. Buy a new new one and be safe.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
A good scale is worth the price. $100 will buy a very nice scale. Your friend will spend many times that amount in his reloading career. If he's going to cut corners it should be on every other aspect of reloading, not the scale.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
whats to wear out on a beam scale??? I have several used ones, in fact I collect them and I have never had one that could not be used reliably

·
Registered
622 Posts
Another testimonial for the Lee scale. They are every bit as accurate as my more expensive Ohause scale. You can't beat them for weighing powder charges.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Nothing wrong with the balance beams, Jackie. BUT make sure he/you understand that the zero should be checked any time the scale is moved even a few inches on the bench. Always start with a zero reading then work with the wanted drops without moving the scale around or the readings MAY be off.....breakemeall....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
He he I have both of those scales. The one that trap2 refers to is the one I bought in 1960.The one BB shows is the one that I bought a few years ago.

You can calibrate a scale with some new dimes.

One new dime = 34.99977 grains (call it 35 grains for all practical purposes)

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I had a RCBS 304 go bad on me. It wouldn't level out on 0. I had to send it back to Ohause. They did what ever they do and it was fine there after. They do go bad from time to time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.