Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if a large gap in your beads could lead to crossfiring?

I don’t have this problem, just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Stop Thinking. Those that suffer from cross firing will do so regardless of what the beads look like or how they are stacked. I take it your shooting club is still closed? break em all Jeff

·
What squad am I on?
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stop Thinking. Those that suffer from cross firing will do so regardless of what the beads look like or how they are stacked. I take it your shooting club is still closed? break em all Jeff
No, I’ve been averaging 1000 rounds a month.

You?

I said I was just thinking out loud and I don’t have this problem.

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Damn Pat, I have been shooting 0 rounds per month. Just when you think the state or county are going to open back up, they change the rules and delay the full reopening of a club.

By the way, I have developed a sure fire way to NOT crossfire........... I shoot one eyed!

Reactions: docbombay

·
What squad am I on?
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn Pat, I have been shooting 0 rounds per month. Just when you think the state or county are going to open back up, they change the rules and delay the full reopening of a club
Shooting a round, checking in here, shoot another...pushing 80* sunny and light wind. Great day to shoot.

DDD22B44-CDD8-47AB-B899-50D5084FD608.jpeg

Only posed the question because I could see the gap become an obstacle if someone actually used the beads.

I’ve tried one eye and have to give props to those that are successful in doing so!

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Truth be known, I would rather have the ability to shoot with both eyes, but given my circumstances, it just didn't work out. If I can regain (or slightly increase) my averages from before I started my self imposed vacation from registered shooting I will be very happy!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Damn Pat, I have been shooting 0 rounds per month. Just when you think the state or county are going to open back up, they change the rules and delay the full reopening of a club.

By the way, I have developed a sure fire way to NOT crossfire........... I shoot one eyed!
Dom are you a former pirate and have only one eye? Do you wear a pirate patch when you shoot? Not being a smart ass just asking. I am a lefty and shoot right handed and left eye dominate. I used to shoot by closing my left eye and shooting one eyed. After being a AA singles shooter for 3 years and never dropping out of AA class my shooting average dropped like a stone. I found myself in C class and couldn't come close to winning my class ever.

At the PITA Oregon State shoot years ago at Hillsboro I shot a 89 in the first half of the 200 singles and was chatting with a friend after and was ready to throw myself onto a barb wired fence. My friend Jody asked me if I'd ever tried a eye patch and said no. Second half I shot with a eye patch and broke a 99 and was high in C class on the second half. Been shooting with an eye patch ever since and my shooting went back up drastically. Only thing I can figure was squinting my left eye closed when shooting and it was opening some and feeding my brain with bad info while shooting being left eye dominant. So saying you shoot one eyed might be what you think but unless you cover that eye it may not be the case. I even tried scotch tape on my left lens of my glasses and that make me sick to my stomach. Then put black electrical tape on my left lens but still saw light around the lens with the left eye and that didn't work for me either. Eye patch took the left eye out of the equation and scores came up with that change. I am a one eyed shooter without doubt and it works for me.

PD

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Now Dave, you know where I live. I am not a pirate, I am a KC Royal! :D

I am right handed shooter, left eye dominant. No patch, no tape, just close my left eye completely. No squinting. I tried tape and dots, but they were distracting to me.

·
What squad am I on?
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now Dave, you know where I live. I am not a pirate, I am a KC Royal! :D

I am right handed shooter, left eye dominant. No patch, no tape, just close my left eye completely. No squinting. I tried tape and dots, but they were distracting to me.
At one point with my Alf I tried one eye because nothing else seemed to work and to my surprise, I actually hit stuff but that was the day I realized I was definitely a two eyed shooter.
Are you shooting one eye or both. Either way don’t focus on the bead.
Two eyes. I’m doing just fine.
My question isn’t to help me, it’s just a question for discussion.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Does anybody know if a large gap in your beads could lead to crossfiring?

I don’t have this problem, just thinking out loud.
It will be individualistic.

For those that are concerned about the gap, subconsciously their eyes will be drawn to the barrel periodically when shooting. It won't be or promote cross firing but is a visual abomination all it's own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts