Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've not had the opportunity to try different colors at night what is your preference thoughts etc...I Have the factory white bead..White targets.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We do a lot of evening fun shoots. I still only use my standard white bead. The only time it is ever an issue is when you are shooting from a place that is not lit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We do a lot of evening fun shoots. I still only use my standard white bead. The only time it is ever an issue is when you are shooting from a place that is not lit.
Good point about lights..They are pretty decent here.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I used to "tinker " around when they came out with different fiber optic colors as front beads .Not any more ,what ever is on is on ! I do how ever use white safety glases at some ranges do to the fact that I'm color blind and some flood light on ranges around here seem to be bit weak

·
Banned
684 Posts
I use white chalk on my rib for night shooting the full length of the rib,it’s easy to apply and easily removed and very effective.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I just use my smudged white (dulled down with a little black Sharpie marker) bead. We don’t usually use white targets at night, standard orange, green or pink for the “fun” shoots. If I knew it would be white targets, I’d probably change to something else, my pea sized brain doesn’t fare well with two like color objects in my sight picture.

Reactions: gbs52

·
Registered
440 Posts
I like my bead to be a different color than the bird regardles of whether its day or night. I don't change beads for day and night shooting.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was taught to look at the target not the sights - see bird shoot bird. Don’t need a bead at all.
I dont focus on a bead either rather look out but something needs to be there for when muzzle appears in peripheral vision and its relationship with the target otherwise might as well shoot from the hip.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I recently started shooting a browning 725 with the hiviz sight and found the orange insert with orange targets was terrible for me , all of my prior guns had been white so thats what i changed to, but we dont shoot white targets. For me I think as long as the bead is not the same color as the target Im good , as a matter of fact Id be ok if the bead wasnt there also Matt

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
We have a Thursday Night league, and our lights are pretty decent, no where near as good as the stadium lighting at the NSC in San Antonio. Still, the standard white bead is all that is needed. No need to change bead for night.

·
Banned
684 Posts
My way of establishing barrel relation to the target,night shooting for me is much easier this way.
White chalk makes the rib very visible for me at night.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I used to have a large green bead. It fell off leaving just the metal hoop. I love it. No color distraction at all and I can still get lined up before I call for the bird.

Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts