Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tampa Tribune...Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland

HUDSON – John Filippidis, silver-haired family man, business owner, employer and taxpayer, is also licensed to carry a concealed firearm.

...Filippidis keeps his gun — a palm-sized Kel-Tec .380 semiautomatic, barely larger than a smartphone in a protective case — in one of two places, always: in the right-hand pocket of his jeans, or in the safe at home.

“I wanted to be able to defend my family, my household and the ground I'm standing on. But I'm not looking for any trouble.”

So there the Filippidises were on New Year's Eve eve, southbound on Interstate 95 — John; wife Kally (his Gulf High sweetheart); the 17-year-old twins Nasia and Yianni; and 13-year-old Gina in their 2012 Ford Expedition — just barely out of the Fort McHenry Tunnel into Maryland, blissfully unarmed and minding their own business when they noticed they were being bird-dogged by an unmarked patrol car. It flanked them a while, then pulled ahead of them, then fell in behind them.

This is a good read. The rest can be found at the link...

http://tbo.com/list/columns-tjackson/jackson-gun-owner-unarmed-unwelcome-in-maryland-20140112/

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And why was he pulled over???...

Maryland State has a network of technical security databases which access the databases of all other states who comply and coordinate with them. For states who do not willfully comply, or those who are not set up to align technically, Maryland mines data from various LEO systems.

Maryland has a rather innocuous sounding name for the intelligence hub which contains this data, it’s called Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center.

The intelligence analysis hub has access to, and contains, Florida’s CCW list (among other identification systems) and mines the state’s database systems for vehicle plate numbers of the holders. These license plate numbers are then stored in a cross referencing database within the Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center.

The database is directly connected to another Maryland technological system – Their ALPR (Automatic License Plate Reader) system is synergized with the MCAC Hub.

Every time one of the flagged license plates are detected by the ALPR an alert is generated.

Mr. Filippidis license plate was picked up at the Fort McHenry Tunnel on I-95 as he noted within the article. The Maryland Authority Police pursuit car was probably positioned a couple miles from the ALPR camera. The camera(s) located at the tunnel itself.

There's a lot more at the link below...

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/01/16/driving-through-maryland-how-the-lawful-florida-gun-owner-was-targeted-hint-maryland-coordination-and-analysis-center/

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Fine police work from the lame ass law enforcement,

To "serve and protect" yes that's it

Typical

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The new Gestapo.

·
Premium Member
12,281 Posts
I live in PA - near Philly.

I feel surrounded...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Would a mail, phone and email campaign be appropriate? Above is a web site that lists the Republicans in the US House and MD legislature.

Danny

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Gov Omalley said "its a free country to Beretta relocating to Tenn....I doubt the 300 Marylanders are quite so passe' about losing their income and going on unemployment...Thank you Mr Governor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts