Probably didn't get their tax brakes.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably didn't get their tax brakes.
Covis 19. Slow economy.
Sad
One store was just built in that shopping mall. Bass pro was expected to be the corner stone.
On the other side of the city the East Hills mall is being bulldozed down. In the eighties on my days off I was running a Paddle wheel scraper and a case Excavator doing grading. Land was mainly rocks.
Made a lot of spare cash working for the brother in law business.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Maybe they know selling guns and ammunition in California is going to keep getting tougher all the time, they may be rethinking putting a store there ?? just saying

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are not missing much.
I like the restaurant. Great food High prices. The problem in California buying shells is the lack of stores that sell them
Only a few years ago Wal-Mart was easy don't sell them anymore Dicks no. Big 5 about 6 boxes in the store. Valley gun best gun store in town can't get any.
Slim Pickens here.
Steve

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe they know selling guns and ammunition in California is going to keep getting tougher all the time, they may be rethinking putting a store there ?? just saying
We used to have a variety of sporting goods stores here. Dick's and big 5 is it now. I don't shop at Dick's since they screwed most shooters!
I think economic circumstances and the virus have a lot to do with it
Steve

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I like the restaurant. Great food High prices. The problem in California buying shells is the lack of stores that sell them
Only a few years ago Wal-Mart was easy don't sell them anymore Dicks no. Big 5 about 6 boxes in the store. Valley gun best gun store in town can't get any.
Slim Pickens here.
Steve
Ya I get it. Most of my local independents have been run out of business. Big 5 is a joke, won't do Dicks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Bass Pro was stated to come to the downtown area of Buffalo, NY several years ago. They wanted a 35million dollar tax payer hand out. Glad it did not happen. Not fair to the other local retail stores. Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts