Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating a new gun. I already have an unsingle 34" barrel. My O/U is 32" and have an old Beretta O/U that is 30". All have screw in chokes. My question is this: Does it really matter what the length is (for trap) as my thinking is that tighter patterns can be had by using tighter chokes. Comments anyone?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The general trend is to longer barrels. You need to shoot different guns and barrel lengths to see what works best for you.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Trap shooters have longer barrels.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
There is no difference in performance.

Barrel length preference is driven primarily by fad. So mostly you just pick your fave fad. Hopefully that does not come in conflict w/ whatever dynamics you might be partial to.

good luck

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Barrel length is as much a function of your personal stature as anything, as well as the games you play with them.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Different barrel lengths swing differently. I was rared on 34" barrel so that's what I shoot and like. He'll who knows, I mite shoot a shorter one better but never give it much thought. I think a shorter barrel mite benefit some in the doubles game expesually. Smaller not as strong people seem to do better shorter but the resale will take a hit with shorter barrels. Try to shoot them all before making a choice but if you can't go with the longer one as you can always sale it and get something else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.