Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Winchester SX3 Compact with a nice short 13" LOP that I'd like my 10 year old daughter to start shooting next year. She will be 11 years old by then. The stock fits her nicely but the barrel is 28" and that's a bit long and heavy for her. Anyone know if I can get a 24" barrel from Winchester? Or better to try and trade the SX3 for another one that has a 24" barrel?

·
Supporting Vendor
9,753 Posts
You are very limited with any accessories for an SX3, so, I highly doubt it. You're going to have to try to deal with Winchester direct.

·
Registered
165 Posts
SX3 Compact is a great shooter for kids. Lots of barrels available for the SX3 but the 24's are generally limited to turkey and slug set ups. 30/28/26 are readily available (Midwest Gun Works for example ) but new barrels are pretty expensive ( $400- $500 ) , You may want to consider sending the barrel to someone like Michael Orlen and have him cut it down, re-set the bead, and re-thread the choke. Probably about $100 to do that. Search " Orlen " on this site.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. How do I search for Michael Orlen on this site? I don't see a Memeber Search anywhere.

SX3 Compact is a great shooter for kids. Lots of barrels available for the SX3 but the 24's are generally limited to turkey and slug set ups. 30/28/26 are readily available (Midwest Gun Works for example ) but new barrels are pretty expensive ( $400- $500 ) , You may want to consider sending the barrel to someone like Michael Orlen and have him cut it down, re-set the bead, and re-thread the choke. Probably about $100 to do that. Search " Orlen " on this site.[/QUOT

·
Registered
165 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts