Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had extensions made for an O/U? I would like to extend a set of barrels with choke tubes about 4"s. The extensions will be fixed choke but I would like to have a piece of rib added to the top extension to match the current rib. Anyone have any idea who could do this? My concern is convergence being right.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I have some 2" extended chokes that are for old Invector choked guns. They are choked Full, Mod, and IC. They change the swing dynamics of a gun, but without changing the front bead placement, they don't change the site picture. I use them with my 26" Citori, to make it into a 28" gun. I think there was an older Browning model that came with a set of extensions in different lengths. Adding a rib extension also, sounds like a lot more work. Mark

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

I have Briley barrel extensions as long as 12 inches combined with 4-inch extended choke tubes.

Do not have any modifications to the gun's factory ventilated rib.

Use them without any problem.

Cannot even see the extended barrel length when looking down the rib as I normally do when shooting trap.

Have no quantitative evidence of improved pattern performance, velocity, or scores.

Does make for a very quiet gun.

·
Registered
13,602 Posts
Briley won't build ribbed barrel extensions anymore.

When I was researching the same thing, I found that comp-n-choke would make me an unported choke (1.5" extension), and the ID was close enough to a common size ball endmill that all it would take would be 5 minutes on a mill to make a rib extension, then glue it on, duracoat the whole thing, and it was done. Never got around to doing it though.

I doubt you're going to get 4" though, unless you have someone make you a custom choke, then make your own rib extension like I was planning on doing.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well...... I have found that my gun, with it's 34" barrel, is just a tad short for me to tuck under my armpit between rounds while it's resting on my toepad. If I had the 4" extension it would make it a lot more comfortable between shots to prop myself up (sort of a crutch kinda thing) while I wait for my shot to come around again. Other than that.... barrel end weight I suppose.

·
Registered
637 Posts
This guy (Bat Thomas) knew how to get it done, unfortunately he is no longer with us.

His guns were made by Ljutic, Stu Wright of Wrights chokes of Ohio now has both of these guns.

Regards,

Release Trigger..........

releasetrigger_2008_030325.jpg

releasetrigger_2008_030326.jpg

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

"Not with a rib extension they wont unless they changed their mind from the last time i asked them. "

I do not know anything about Briley barrel extensions with ribs.

None of my barrel extensions have ribs.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would think Moneymaker,Devault or Simmons could do the rib work but my concern is barrel convergence with the 4" Briley extensions and whether they will even both screw in on an o/u.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts